[Chapter 27 - The Bad Batch]

______

Things on Anaxes were looking grim. They'd been there for the better part of two months and they Separatists just kept pushing back. It seemed as though the Separatists could predict their every move. 

Lenora was in the incredibly overcrowded med bay, patching up a nasty blaster wound on Jesse's arm. She was just about finished when Rex entered.

"Jesse, Nora, we've got a mission, I need you ready to go at 0900- tell Kix if you see him." 

"Hang on- we're nearly done here, can you brief us all in a sec?"

Rex sighed impatiently- "Alright." 

Lenora finished the last of the cleaning, put a few stitches in, and placed a bacta patch and a wrap over top- "There, now can you try moving it for me?" 

Jesse complied, stretching his arm out and twisting it a few different directions- "Feels good."

"Perfect, just try to use your right one for now." 

"Not a problem Doc. Now lets get Kix so Captain buzz cut can give us the low-down." 

"I heard that!" Rex shouted from the other end of the med bay.

Lenora blew a teasing kiss at him, to which he rolled his eyes.

---

"I take it you all know that we've been getting our shebs kicked by the Seppies as of late?" Rex asked the three rhetorically- "Cody and I have a suspicion that the Separatists are using some kind of algorithm to predict our every move."

"So we're going to shut it down?"  Lenora crossed her arms.

"Exactly. Now go off and get ready."

"Sir, yes, sir." the three saluted before dashing off to grab supplies. 

---

Lenora, Kix, and Jesse were chatting as Rex and Cody exited the barracks.

"I've heard mixed things about these guys..." Jesse said with uncertainty. 

"They have a one hundred percent success rate." Kix pointed out.

"It's not that they win, it's how they win that worries me." 

"If Cody trusts them then so do I." Lenora said with finality.

Over the PA the group heard a warning- "Repeat, coming in hot on platform TT-3-9-7."

A ship came speeding into the hangar. Several troopers were knocked back as they hurtled in at a speed that Lenora knew for a fact would get her license taken.

The ship made its landing.

"So why haven't I heard of this squad?" Rex asked. 

"Experimental unit Clone Force ninety nine, they're defective clones with uh... desirable mutations." Cody answered.

"Ninety nine, hey? Nice touch." 

"They call themselves 'The Bad Batch'." 

The door opened to reveal a broad shouldered clone, with red stripes down his black armor, and skulls on his pauldrons, he cracked his knuckles and his neck. Behind him was a clone with a pair of goggles transfixed in a datapad, holding it centimeters from his face. Behind him was a lankier clone with a cross-hair over one eye of his helmet. Towards the back was a big stocky looking clone, who Lenora assumed was the muscles of the crew. And then at the very back there was another, this one had an almost mandalorian looking helmet, except the visor only went across the eye-span, rather than having the usual strip of visor leading down the middle of the helmet, there was what Lenora assumed was a filter.