Ch - 27

Gazing at Ye Sheng's face, Jason continued with a serious expression. "I had even inquired about them in the city, learning the thoughts of the citizens for them. And what I learned is not good. According to the people of the Glory City, the members of the Sacred family are overly proud, arrogant, self-conceited, and overbearing, treating the Glory City as if it belonged to them. Even among all the big families, they are the worst. The incident with the Winged Dragon family could be a good example."

Hearing his words, Ye Sheng pondered on them seriously and instantly felt a chill run down his spine.

If what he spoke was true then the Sacred family was not what they showed themselves to everyone. Ye Sheng had never seriously considered it but after he pointed it out, a dreadful feeling surged in his heart.

Jason understanding his inner thoughts patted his shoulder and said. "Vice-principal don't tell anyone about it. I don't want to sow discord between the trust between everyone. I'm just watching everyone from a viewer's perspective. Without any solid evidence, I can't prove anything... Well, let's see how it goes from here. Anyway, I'm leaving, I've some unfinished work at the Inscription Association."

With that, he left Ye Sheng alone on the top floor, still pondering over his words seriously.

......

Sacred family

Hall of Main Affairs Elder

"What? A new teacher dared to challenge my Sacred family! He even raised his hand against Shen Yue!" Shen Ming exposed a brutal look on his face. Jason's insults and actions against Shen Xiu and Shen Yue indirectly question the upbringing and teachings of the Sacred Family, challenging their authority.

"So, what happened after that?" Shen Ming asked.

That servant felt chilly within Shen Ming's expression, which sent shivers down his spine, before saying, "I don't know the details but I heard Lady Shen Xiu complained to Vice-principal Ye Sheng asking him to expel that teacher for such rude behavior but Ye Sheng didn't take any action."

"He didn't take any action? Did he not care about the reputation of Holy Orchid Institute?"

"Yes." The underling nodded and quickly said. "Main Affair Elder, I have even heard some rumors that this teacher is personally appointed by the principal with great efforts."

Shen Ming was a little surprised, asking curiously "Are you speaking the truth? Where did you hear that?"

"It is a hot topic of gossip among the teachers at the academy." The underling reported truthfully.

"Main Affair Elder, what should we do now? Should we report this matter to the House Master?"

"No, this matter cannot be told to the HouseMaster. HouseMaster is trying to break through into legend ranks. As long as it's not a matter of life and death of the family, then there wouldn't be a need for HouseMaster to know." Shen Ming shook his head.

"First, go and find all the information about this new teacher." He thought for a few seconds before ordering. "Also send a few intelligent people to keep an eye on him."

"Yes, Elder." The servant bowed and left the Hall.

......

Jason went to the Inscription Association completely unaware of what transpired in the Sacred family. He first finished the orders placed by customers before writing down the books that he had recorded previously on the inscriptions. He couldn't stay here forever so leaving them behind would benefit the Glory City.

After that he placed those books on the semi-empty shelves, filling them with the translated versions of the books.

"Excuse me, is there anyone?"

A charming voice interrupted him. Putting the last book on the shelf, Jason stepped out.

Looking at the entrance, he saw a young woman around 16-17 years old. She was quite tall compared to other girls with a curvaceous body. With how tight the dress was around her body, her curves were visible to everyone, especially her big breasts which could be seen from her cleavage. She was emitting a bold and confident aura.

"Who are you? Where is President Xue Yin?" Huyan Lanruo looked at the young boy stepping out from the inner room and asked, her voice very charming.

Jason looked at her calmly with no hint of any improper thought. "She is not here. Currently, I'm looking at the association. If Miss has any business then you can tell me."

Huyan Lanruo was surprised by Jason's calmness. Normally, men would droll just by her talking to them, even the few who could control themselves couldn't hide their improper thoughts from her. She might looked like a weak little girl but she was very witty, knowing how to take advantage of her assets to get the job done.

Jason's reaction was a first for her. Staring at his clear eyes, she smiled and introduced herself. "Little brother, my name is Huyan Lanruo. I'm from the Huyan family. What is your name? Do you work here?"

Jason still calm, replied. "Nie Li. Yes, I work here. If Miss Huyan has any request, you can tell me."

"Hehe... Little brother is younger than me. How about you call me Big Sister?"

Jason shook her head. "Thanks for the offer but let's be professional. I don't like to mix business with anything. If Miss is just here to chat then please find someone else as I'm very busy."

Huyan Lanruo pouted, her curiosity rising. Normally at this point, people would be jumping out to chat with her. Even though she couldn't compare with Ye Ziyun and Xiao Ning'er in terms of beauty, she was not far behind, and with her innate sexiness, she could make any man wag his tail at her but Jason was completely calm, not showing any change in his expression. His previous sentence completely blocked Huyan Lanruo's further attempts, making his stance clear.

'Hehe, I never thought Glory City still had a boy who could resist my charm. And he has a mysterious vibe around him, making him more charming. Just where did Big Sis Xue Yin find such a character?'

"Little brother is so cold. Can't you be a little nice to a beautiful girl like me?" Huyan Lanruo pouted, bending her body a little showing off her cleavage.

"A beautiful girl? Where?" Jason acted surprised, his eyes looking around. "Sorry, but I can't see one."

"You!..." Huyan Lanruo was taken aback, never hoping for such a rebuke from him.

She was feeling angry but thinking that he was just young, she decided to ignore his previous words. 'What did a child know? Let's not take it seriously.'

"Fine. I want a Senior Inscription Master to create some scroll for me."

Jason seeing her getting down to business resumed his serious expression. "What type of scrolls?"

"An offensive scroll, three defensive once. All should be at least gold ranks. And I also want three traps once too."

"Are you planning to go out to hunt?"

"Hehe... little brother is interested." She smiled seductively. "Well, I'm actually going out with a few friends to train. The scrolls are just for protection."

Jason nodded his head. "I have got a few scrolls here fulfilling all your requirements. You can choose from them."

Saying that he retrieved dozens of scrolls from his interspatial ring, putting them on the table.

//

Read 20+ advanced chapters on Patreon.

Patreon.com/CapsK