Ch - 20

"You bastard! Dare to harm City Lord! Capture him!" The demon spiritualist waiting in ambush outside charged over at Jason. They merged with their demon spirits beforehand just in case.

A fierce aura slammed into Jason, turning everything around him to dust.

Ye Shuo and others took a step back under that pressure.

All of the twenty people were Black gold rank demon spiritualists, working together they could even compare with Ye Shuo at his full strength.

Jason still calm under the pressure, snorted, and an invisible ripple spread from him, passing through the entire courtyard.

Hong!

Everyone felt an explosion into their soul realm, their mind buzzing.

The twenty experts charging at Jason, fell down together, their eyes rolling back to their heads.

Defeated without making a single move.

Instant defeat!

'What type of sorcery is this?'

Those twelve robust men were defeated by Jason without even moving.

Ye Shuo's expression turned darker, his expression extremely grave. With how easily he had taken care of everyone, Jason's strength had already reached an unprecedented level.

Boom!

However, at this moment another explosion occurred and Ye Zong arrived. His body had expanded a little, covered in black scales all over. A huge tail had grown out from his back and black flames were burning on it at the back of that tail.

Black Scaled Earth Dragon!

The demon spirit that Ye Zong had integrated was a Black Scaled Earth Dragon! The Black Scaled Earth Dragon belonged to a dragon-type organism. Having a certain amount of dragon's blood, it's second to an authentic dragon tribe. Among the demon spirits, Dragon-type demon beasts were the peak existences. Even the most inferior first-graded Dragon-type that only carries a small portion of dragon blood had at least the strength of a Black Gold rank.

"Black Scaled Earth Dragon, Extraordinary growth rate. It's just decent!" Jason smiled, and his figure flashed in front of Ye Zong. Grabbing his hand, he threw him to the ground, creating a huge crater.

"It's best if you stop! With your strength, you can't beat me."

Jason was sincere when he advised Ye Zong but the latter was a lost cause.

Ye Zong roared and threw himself up from the ground, charging at Jason.

Jason understood that he would not stop with just words, clenched his hand, his body covered with golden light He threw the punch at the charging Ye Zong, meeting with him with just 20% of his strength.

Even though he was holding back, Ye Zong felt like a mountain crushing down on him because of the force from Jason's fist, his eyes showing horror.

BOOM!!

Ye Zong was knocked flying away by the great force, leaving drops of blood in the air before he was slammed into a corner of the courtyard!

"City Lord!"

"Father!!"

Ye Shuo, Xue Yin, and Ye Ziyun cried out. Yang Xin could only watch everything with gaped eyes, completely in shock.

Jason turned to them and released a sigh. "He is fine."

Throwing something onto the ground, he left the place without looking back.

Ye Shuo checked on Ye Zong and realized that he had only sustained surface wounds, with no threat to his life. Giving an assuring look to everyone, he spoke. "City Lord is alright with just a few light injuries."

Everyone released a sigh of relief that they were holding back till now.

"These are..." Yang Xin cried out.

Everyone turned to her, their gazes filled with curiosity.

"Director Yang, what happened?"

Yang Xin showed them the items, Jason left behind.

Jason had left both the badges of Senior Alchemist and Inscription Master with the robes. Aside from that, there was a small bottle containing a pill.

Yang Xin observed the pill for some time before passing it to Ye Shuo.

"Feed it to City Lord."

"No!" Ye Ziyun instantly refused. "What if it harms my father?"

Director Yang Xin explained with a smile. "It will not. This pill is a healing elixir. I just have never seen it before but it still has the same soothing feeling of the healing pills."

Ye Shuo contemplated for a moment before putting it into Ye Zong's mouth.

Instantly, under the surprised gazes of everyone, all wounds on Ye Zong's body healed, as if nothing had happened to him.

Slowly opening his eyes, Ye Zong saw his daughter crying beside him. Patting her head, he asked. "Where is that b... brat?"

"City Lord, he... he left. He even left a healing pill before leaving." Ye Shuo spoke slowly while thinking in his head. 'Are we wrong in suspecting him?'

"City Lord, why do you attack Little Brother Nie Li so suddenly? Aren't you the one who invited him in the first place?" Yang Xin asked, her voice unusually cold.

"Director Yang, actually..." Ye Shuo sighed and reported what they had gathered about Nie Li in these two days.

Jason had been staying in the Heaven Marks Family for the past 12 years. Even though he had a cyan soul realm but his talent was just decent not so monstrous. There was nothing suspicious about him but that's what made them more suspicious.

How could a young man who had stayed with his family suddenly become a genius alchemist and Inscriptionist?!

It's just way too suspicious!

Listening to their words, Yang Xin understood the reason behind their suspicion. But she still said.

"But what if you are wrong? What if he really had a master who taught him? City Lord, I agree that he's indeed a little suspicious because of this information. But you can't conclude that he is related to the Dark Guild just based on that! All the answers provided by Nie Li to our problems are confirmed to be true. Why would he have helped us and show off his talent when he could have concealed himself and harmed us indirectly? With his strength, he can easily do that. So why bother joining the associations as a member?!"

Ye Zong nodded his head with a heavy expression. "You're right, Director Yang. It is indeed a mistake on our part. But it will not change anything that had already happened."

Yang Xin sighed heavily. "I've to inform President Gu Yan immediately. Maybe he will have a solution."

Yang Xin quickly disappeared, making haste to the Association.

"City Lord, just how strong was he?" After Xue Yin and the others left too, Ye Shuo asked cautiously.

Ye Zong sighed, "I don't know. We don't have a proper fight. But just in terms of strength, he destroyed me. If I have to make a guess, then he must have the strength, surpassing a Legend rank expert. As for his spiritual rank, that had yet to be seen."

"What? So strong!" Ye Shuo cried out in horror, sucking a deep cold breath. 'Just how young is he? 12 years old? 13 years old? Already has the strength of a Legend rank?'

"That's not what is scary." Ye Zong shook his head, his eyes showing his inner fear. "Just think how strong is his master to teach a monster like him to such a strength!"

Listening to him, Ye Shuo's expression turned ugly, almost like crying. Indeed! If even the disciple was so perverted then what about his esteemed master? He must be a Legend rank expert or maybe even above it.

//

Want to read more chapters now, check out my Patreon at: https://www.patreon.com/CapsK