Ch - 2

In the blink of an eye, five years had passed.

In the early morning, the sun's rays entered through the window illuminating a small room, falling on the face of a young boy sleeping soundly on a single bed. The boy slowly opened his eyes and stretched his lazy body. His orange spiky hair was quite long and down on his shoulder as he yawned and jumped down from the bed. His black eyes still had some laziness in them as he walked out while rubbing his eyes.

"Xiao Li, you're awake?" A manly voice sounded in some distance.

Opening his eyes, he saw a burly in the yard, stretching his body, doing some workout. Beside him was another familiar face, another man with a sturdy build, a little short in height compared to the first man.

Jason smiled and greeted them. "Good Morning, Father, Uncle,"

Nie Ming, his father, was a young-aged man in his mid twenties with brown hair and eyes. He had a robust from working on the farm. He was a farmer and the lowest position in the Heavenly Marks Family. He was a good-nurtured, simple type of person with no talent for cultivation at all.

Nie Kai, his uncle, was athree years younger than Nie Ming. He was the same as Nie Ming, a farmer with no talent for cultivation.

"You're awake, sweety." At this moment, a womanly voice came from behind. Turning around, he saw two middle-aged women walking out from inside. The one in the lead walked over to him and pulled him into her embrace.

Jason didn't resist and happily hugged her. His mother giggled and pinched his nose playfully. "Oo... did you miss Mother so much? Mother is busy with making food for father and others so you go play around. I'll play with you later, okay?"

Jason nodded his head. "Okay, Mother,"

Xiao Ming, his mother, was married to Nie Ming five years ago. She had long purple hair that was tied in a bun behind her head and violet eyes. Just like his father, she also didn't possess any talent for cultivation. She often quarreled with Nie Ming, but they had a very strong relationship.

Miao Ling was his aunt just recently married his uncle Nie Kai a year ago. She had a head full of brown hair with brown eyes. And they were blessed with a girl.

Nie Yu, his cousin, was just three months old. His aunt, Miao Ling, spent most of her time taking care of her, leaving chores to Xiao Ming.

"Good boy," Xiao Ming patted his head and gave a kiss on his cheek before putting him down.

Jason smiled and went to the backyard, his father picked him up in the air, playing with him with a big smile.

The Heavenly Marks Family was one of the twelve aristocratic families in Glory City, the weakest one. The history of the family was very old, tracing back to the Snow Wind Empire's era. The family resided in a valley with vast land, however, the resources here are very poor. Therefore, the family relied on farming and harvesting mountain herbs for a living.

The Glory City was the last place or a place inhabited by humans, like a last stand against demons. Since the city sat in a valley surrounded by the St. Ancestral Mountain Range, it provided a natural barrier to the city against the demon beasts roaming in the world. The old walls that protect it have withstood the attacks from demon beasts countless times.

The overall income of the family was very low, only around six hundred thousand demon spirit coins whereas the annual expenses were very large.

But no matter the struggle with finances, the Heavenly Marks family still managed to get all of the younger generations into Holy Orchid Institute.

Jason had learned all about it either through his father's words or a few history books that recorded this information.

It was like a part of the daily routine of his life to learn about the history and geography of the place.