Ch - 22

"Trust is built on actions, not on words. Humans' nature is ever-changing, always thinking about themselves. Most of them change their behavior according to the circumstances." Jason spoke slowly. "I've seen my fair share of the world and believe me the most dangerous existence in this world is not those demon beasts in those mountains but us humans in this enclosed city... When humans are exposed to power and money, greed and thirst for more power blossom in their hearts. The more they gained, the more they turned to the darker side, in the end being consumed by it."

"You guys are still able to able to be true to your paths are commendable but not everyone is like you..." Jason sighed and shook his head. "Falling down the wrong path is much easier than being able to resist it and continue on your path. But I'll still give you all some advice. Always believe in yourself and guard your heart against human desires. The path of cultivation is very long and lonely, with high chances of being corrupted by your heart demon. In this entire world, the only thing that matters is strength, things like honor, position, money, fame, etc. are nothing but the delusion of the weak. Hahaha..."

In the end, Jason burst out laughing. He remembered some deep-meaning words from his past life, remembering some of the best moments.

With his pupils growing wide and his expression looking a little blank, Ye Zong and others muttered to themselves over and over again, "The only thing that matters in this world is strength, everything else is just a delusion."

"Young master Nie Li has deep insight at such a young age making us old men ashamed of ourselves." Ye Kai sighed, his voice filled with admiration.

Ye Zong nodded his head and said. "I'll arrange a place for young master Nie Li near the City Lord's mansion. This place is not suitable for you to live."

"Since you're so sincere, I'll let you. But please don't select something too flashy. Just somewhere comfy with enough space to conduct my classes."

"Then... you're not leaving Glory City?" Yang Xin's eyes sparkled with stars, very happy.

Jason nodded his head. "With all of you coming here to stop me and so sincere in your apology, if I still be angry then it'll only make me look stingy. Hahaha..."

Ye Kai nodded his head, his eyes held respect for him.

"Young master Nie Li, I still hope you'll come to the Holy Orchid Institute and take the classes inside the campus."

"Do you think I don't want to But with how young I'm, just my presence there will be enough to stir the entire Glory City. Sorry, I'm not interested in being the center of attention." Jason waved his hand. "So, it's best to follow my arrangement."

"Okay," Ye Kai sighed and took a step back, agreeing with him.

"Oh yes. Little brother left these things." Yang Xin getting her chance took out the badge and robes, passing them to Jason.

Jason took them and placed them inside his interspatial ring before taking out a paper and writing something over it before passing it to Yang Xin.

"I want these herbs in a large batch."

"Leave it to me," Yang Xin took a look at the list of herbs and nodded her head, placing it into her interspatial ring.

After that, they shared a few more pleasantries before leaving one by one, leaving Jason alone.

Ye Zong had arranged for Ye Shuo to quickly find a suitable place for Jason. In two days, everything would be arranged. Also, the required data of the students should be gathered as quickly as possible.

Ye Kai also sent a message to Ye Shang to make a list of students according to the data provided by Ye Shuo.

If everything remained good, it would only take two weeks at most to finish every preparation.

As for Jason, he decided to relax in the meantime. Helping the Inscription Association to finish all of their orders while giving suggestions to Gu Yan to improve the pills' quality and quantity. He even helped them solve many of their doubts.

Jason also delivered the formula of Soul Nurturing Pills and Soul Concentrating Pills in return for taking over 40% of the profit Alchemist Association would make by selling those pills.

Two weeks passed in a blink of an eye and Jason had even shifted to a large mansion, not as majestic as City Lord's mansion but still very eye-catching. It had quite a space to accommodate over fifty people easily with a decent training ground.

Ye Kai personally brought the list of students personally selected by him and Ye Sheng after careful consideration.

Taking a look at the list, Jason could see data of over two hundred children. The first name on the list belonged to Ye Ziyun.

Ye Ziyun

Family - Snow Wind

Soul Realm - Cyan

Soul Force - 52

Personality - Kind, Hardworking, Curious

It also included a few more things regarding their recent behavior, friends, and other things.

Jason carefully observed the list and took a pen, writing names on a blank paper.

Ye Kai looked at the paper carefully, noticing that the daughter of the City Lord was included, releasing a sigh of relief. Worried that she might not be selected. She had specifically requested him to let her join his class.

So, Ye Kai had come here with that intention aside from bringing the list. If Jason hadn't selected her then he would have lowered herself and asked him to do that.

"Here," Jason finished after he wrote the 20th name before passing it to him. He said. "I need a favor."

"Please speak. If it's something in my power, I'll do it." Ye Kai cupped his hands.

"I've contemplated this matter for the past few days. I want you to leave my name on the student being admitted to the Holy Orchid Institute. Do the same thing for my classes. And don't make it into a class but rather a club sort of thing."

"But why? Don't you want to not attract attention to you?" Ye Kai was puzzled by his request.

Jason sighed. "This mansion given to me by City Lord has already made me a center of attention. With many eyes watching this place, conducting classes here would be difficult. But it will also be a good thing if I select a place at Holy Orchid Institute."

"Then I'll make arrangements." Ye Kai nodded his head and left the place.

Jason closed his eyes and contacted DarkIce Netherbird via the soul connection. "How is the progress going?"

"My lord, forgive me for being so slow. But I'll need some more time. I had already ordered all the demon beasts all over the St. Ancestral Mountain range, relaying your order to them. We're searching all around nonstop with no result yet."

DarkIce Netherbird's voice appeared in his head.

"Speed up the process. Use aerial beasts to scout the faraway places, I want results as soon as possible."

"Yes, my lord."

Then the voice stopped as Jason opened his eyes. Summoning out a as thin as a cicada's wing, and was even a bit transparent with dense and difficult text written on it.

Looking over the page, Jason's eyes flashed with deep light. 'Just what kind of treasure is that Temporal Demon Spirit Book? Just a single page is filled with such mysterious power! Being able to bend the most mysterious laws of Time and Space, I have to find it! It is a shame that I am unable to find it in those four years back then.'

Jason weaved a hand sign, cultivating peacefully with that remnant page hovering in front of him. Aside from the nourishment of the remnant page and his passive skills, Jason hadn't put his mind on cultivation, rather he was using his time to dive into the mysteries of Time and Space, trying to comprehend one of the most difficult laws.

//

Want to read more chapters now, check out my Patreon at: https://www.patreon.com/CapsK