Death & Reincarnation - 2

"So, you're finally awake!"

Suddenly, a voice sounded beside him, sending a shiver down his spine. Despite being on high alert, he wasn't able to sense any presence close to him.

Jumping back up to a few meters, he created distance between them enough to dodge any attacks.

Raising his head, his eyes landed on a young woman who seemed to be in her thirties with an hourglass figure. Her long blond hair was a little short to not touch the ground, just like a magnificent waterfall.

But Jason didn't find her beauty appreciating at all. On the contrary, he was feeling a little scared because his senses were giving dangerous vibes to him from the same beauty in front of him.

'This beautiful woman in front of me is not simple. She is giving me the same vibe given by that old master of mine. No! She is even scarier than him.'

His eyes turned sharp as he quickly searched around carefully with his eyes, searching for anything to use as a potential weapon.

Pfft!~

The blond woman smiled and said, her voice soothing to the listener. "You'll not find any weapon here."

'She saw through me!' Jason stared at her, his expression calm but deep in his heart, he started. 'I have to escape first.'

Making up his mind, he quickly turned around and fled from that place, escaping with everything he had.

"You can't leave." The woman spoke slowly with no intention of chasing after him.

Jason ignored her and ran as fast as he could.

After running for fifteen minutes, he finally stopped, gasping for breaths.

'What is going on? Why am I out of breath so fast? When did I become so weak?!... Well, at least, I escape from her. Just what in the hell was she?'

He looked back and saw no behind him, except the forest.

"You're back so quickly,"

Just as he relaxed to take a breath, that charming and soothing voice sounded again, almost giving him a heart attack.

Raising his head, he saw the same pavilion in front of his eyes. The blonde beauty was sitting in her chair, looking at her with a sweet smile.

'H-How?! How did I return here?!'

For the first time in his life, Jason's eyes were filled with dread. In his twenty-five years of assassin career, he had never experienced anything like this.

He quickly fled again, making sure he was going in a straight line without any tail behind him. But in the end, he still ended up in the same place.

No matter how much he tried, he failed to find an exit. In the end, he plopped down on the ground, tired from constantly running around.

"If you're tired, want to relax and have a chat." The blonde woman said with a sweet smile as she waved her hand and tea poured in two empty cups on the table beside her.

Jason could only sigh and walked over to her, plopping down on the bed. He looked at the tea and took a sip.

Just as the tea entered his mouth, it turned into gas and entered his body. A soothing feeling spread across his body, relaxing his tense muscles, his fatigue gone.

The woman continued to smile and said after taking a sip of her tea. "Do you not want to know who I am?"

"Hmm, I want to say no but I have a feeling that you're still going to tell me, am I right?"