Cale nodded, disappearing inside the cave.

She sat on the cold cave ground, the whale submerged in the water in front of her. His head was above water, his hands on either side of her. She stared at him for a few moments. His messy hair stuck to his forehead. His cheeks had been red, but they were cooling down now. He had a slight frown on his face.

She looked a bit closer. Despite looking like he was nearly dead, this Whale was the prettiest person she had ever seen. His features were perfect, and they fit nicely on his face. She felt herself staring at him, her eyes not moving. And he was only mixed-blooded; she wondered how pure-blooded Whales looked.

The Black Dragon arrived first, a floating mermaid arm with him. Then Cale came from behind her, and she stood up.

"Let's go," Cale said.

The Black Dragon sighed and made the Mixed-Blood Whale, the mermaid arm, and Cale levitate as he pushed the air from under Adara upwards. Together, they floated back home.

As soon as they arrived through the window, Adara frowned. Hans was banging on their door with a loud voice. The kittens jumped on them as they arrived, but Adara caught On. Cale was less successful, and Hong ended up dragging down his chest.

"You came at the right time!" Hong exclaimed when Cale managed to get ahold of him.

"The butler has been banging on the door for a while!" On added.

Adara didn't need the kittens to tell her, as she heard Hans's voice loud and clear from the other side of the door. He sounded like he was on the verge of crying. "Young Master and Mistress, I dare not enter because you said you'll kill me if I wake you up! That is why I can only continue to bang on the door. Can you please open the door, Young Master? Young Mistress?"

Adara sighed; she took off her scuba suit, put on a bathrobe, and tied it tightly around her waist. Cale threw his scuba suit into a corner, also putting on a bathrobe. The Black Dragon used an invisibility spell to conceal the Mixed-Blood Whale as Cale pulled open the door, Adara right behind him.

"Young Master and Mistress, Young Lady Amiru asked me to verify that you were safe," Hans was saying as the door opened. "So please wake up and open—," he interrupted himself when he realised the door was open.

"What do you want?" Cale asked, a scowl on his face.

Hans's eyes widened as he saw his Young Master in a bathrobe, the shoulder slipping off, and his Young Mistress behind him with an irritated expression on her face. "Oh! Young Master! Young Mistress! Were—," he paused, hesitating. "Were you both taking a bath?"

Cale swept back his wet hair with one hand, another one still on the door handle. "We couldn't sleep, so we decided to take a seawater bath," he answered, not understanding the weird undertone of Hans's question.

Hans's eyes widened even more, his ears becoming red. He was pretty sure there was only one bath in their bathroom. No wonder they looked so annoyed; he really shouldn't have interrupted. "Ah, so you were in the bathroom. Then I shouldn't have to worry about my life since I did not wake anybody up."

Cale raised an eyebrow, but Hans wanted to leave them as fast as possible, his ears still red. "Are you two hurt? There were a few loud explosions, and it is a mess outside now. I think something happened out at sea."

Adara looked behind her to the open window. The village around was brightly lit and she could make out small lights on the dark sea. Amiru must have taken the risk to send people out at night even with the dangerous whirlpools. Adara only hoped the fisherman from that morning would be safe.