1

Adara Thornwin got off the carriage with a smile. She hadn't seen her best friend in a few days, and she wanted to surprise him with his favourite alcohol. Her friend, the trash of the Henituse Family, Cale, loved his alcohol. And so did she, the trash of the Thornwin Family, Adara. 

"My lady," one of her servants called out.

Adara turned around sharply, staring at the servant who spoke. "Yes?"

"It would be best if one of us would accompany you inside, to—."

Her eyes narrowed. "That won't be necessary."

The servant opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it.

Adara turned around and left, she was still tired and sleepy, she didn't want to deal with the servants too. She didn't care for the servants. They were all her brother's servants anyway, her step-brother's spies, making sure she is kept in check. She hated it. It took her a long time to learn that nobody is to be trusted. Too long.

She strolled up to the count's estate with big strides, her basket with wine and her friend's sibling's gifts were in her arms. Ron, as expected of the creepy bastard, was waiting for her with a smile. She hadn't called ahead since she wanted it to be a surprise but she figured it was pretty obvious who was visiting with one look at the carriage.

"Young Mistress, pleased to have you here on this lovely day."

She offered him a smile. "Hi Ron, I've come to see Cale, is he still sleeping?"

He nodded. "Yes. Do you want me to wake him?"

Knowing Cale would not prefer some lemon tea, she quickly declined. "No, it's fine, I'll wake him up myself."

Ron smiled viciously as he opened the door for her to go in. "If you say so, Young Mistress. But before you go," he started, reaching towards her collar to pop it. Her outfit had gotten quite ruffled in the carriage ride here, it had gotten quite hot at one point so she undid two of the buttons on her shirt. She hadn't even really looked at what she'd chosen. A simple shirt, her classic belts and straps and some pants. She didn't need to look extravagant to see Cale.

He stepped back, pleased with her collar, and let her go inside, with only a smile.

As walked around the Count's estate, making her way to Cale's room, she heard a familiar voice scream, "Unnie?!"

Adara looked over her shoulder with a smile. "Lily! What good to see you!"

Lily ran into her arms, hugging her waist ferociously.

Adara smiled at the affection, she loved children, they were such fun affectionate mini-humans. "Noona?" came another voice, Basen's head popped out of his study room.

"Hey, Basen. Got some presents for both of you, so come over here."

Basen nodded, and quickly pulled Lily away from Adara so she could give out the presents.

Lily lit up in excitement. "Can I go first? Did you go to the capital? Did you get me a sword?"

Adara only smiled, pulling out a long-covered thing that looked like a sword. She kneeled down in front of Lily with a mischievous smile. "I did not go to the capital, unfortunately, but when I do I promise I'll buy both of you something. Now, because I could not smuggle a real sword, I got you one of the training ones," she said, giving the present to Lily. "The knights practice with these all the time as to not get too hurt."

Lily's eyes were shining as she unpacked the sword. "If I may?" Adara asked, hand outstretched for the wooden blade. Lily placed it gingerly in her hand. "It is made from excellent wood," she said, demonstrating by slapping the wood against her hand. "Hard to break. Durable too, and not that flexible so it's good to fight with. And while it is made to not give fatal injuries, it will hurt if you repeatedly whack someone with it," she said, jokingly tapping Lily on her shoulder with the sword. "So be careful. And remember..."