37

As soon as they arrived back from their dinner, they rested in their room. But when they heard that Choi Han was back from the inn, they called him up to their room.

He walked in, confused. "Cale-nim, Adara-nim, you called for me?"

She didn't answer his question. She sat on the couch, one of the Residence's books in her lap as she looked at him. "How are the children?"

He relaxed. "Great. Thankfully, the children are energetic."

She saw Cale turn paler from next to her. She tried hard not to laugh.

Cale cleared his throat. "Then there is nothing else for you to do?"

Choi Han frowned. "Yes?"

Adara nodded, closing her book and setting it on the table as she walked to the terrace and opened it. Cale got up from the couch as well, walking to his bed.

Choi Han's frowning only increased. He saw that, even though it was night and they were walking to their beds as if they were going to go to sleep, they were wearing casual clothes. Not as extravagant as their usual clothing, but definitely not their sleeping wear.

Adara, having closed all the lights except the lights on their nightstands, turned to look at Choi Han. "You have to tell Hans he can stop standing outside the door as we will be sleeping. Tell him he is excused from his duties for today."

Choi Han nodded, his gaze at the open terrace window. The moon was bright tonight, the moonlight filtering in through the windows, basking Cale and Adara in a silvery light. "Will you two be heading out?"

Cale smiled. "Yes. We left the terrace open like before, so come to our room."

"I understand." Choi Han was now looking at the two Nobles in front of him. He still remembered their promise to tell him how to find the blood-drinking mage that killed everyone in the Blue Wolf Village. Well, almost everyone. "Will it just be the three of us, without On and Hong?"

Adara shook her head. But Choi Han got his answer from somewhere else. Somewhere above him.

"I will be going as well."

Oh, the dragon, Choi Han thought. He had removed his invisibility magic, entering from the terrace window. Choi Han watched the dragon for a moment, saw how reptilian it looked, before turning back to look at Adara and Cale.

Cale nodded, he was more relaxed than ever, while Adara's straight and tense back was still the same. "The four of us will go," he said.

Choi Han gave the Black Dragon a final glance before looking at the two Nobles he was set to protect. "Are we going to destroy everything?"

He watched their reactions, saw how Cale's face fell, saw how Adara struggled to hold in her laughter. I guess not then.

"No. Aboslutely not," came Cale's strict voice. Why are his thoughts always so extreme? he wondered, getting into the bed. Why am I surrounded by so many vicious people?

Adara also got into her bed, waving Choi Han away. "Goodnight," she said with some mockery. "Don't forget to wear a hat!" she called after him.

Choi Han didn't respond to her comment, simply opened the door.

She laid on her back, staring up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, hearing the vague sounds of Choi Han and Hans discussing in the background. She heard the sounds of them walking away as well.

The dragon removed its invisibility, floating awkwardly between the two beds. The beds were on opposite ends of the room, a space between them to walk. He didn't know which one he should go to, so he simply stayed in the middle. "Hey, you two cannot really fall asleep."