8

They had changed into drier clothes by now, Adara and Cale were about to hop onto the carriage while Hans was watching them leave.

"Oh, Hans," Cale mentioned before they climbed onto the carriage. "Don't the deputy butlers learn basic martial arts?"

Adara turned to look at Cale, an eyebrow raised. Where are you going with this? she wondered.

"Of course," Hans answered.

"And you are the greatest Butler candidate?"

The corners of Hans's lips curled up. "Yes, sir. I know the basics for three different styles: martial arts, dagger arts, and spear arts."

Adara thought that made sense, a good butler would need to know a couple different basic fighting styles in case something were to happen to the Family the butler served.

"Amazing," Cale commented, he sounded indifferent so it was hard to tell if he truly meant the compliment, but Hans accepted it regardless.

"I guess I am a bit amazing," Hans agreed, shrugging his shoulders.

Cale could not hold back his smile. While the two kittens could only shake their head as they watched the two.

"We're leaving now," Cale announced, climbing into the carriage with Adara.

"Have a safe trip, Young Master and Mistress," Hans said.

As Adara and Cale walked into The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry, they noticed it was desolated, not a single soul resided in the shop, except for Billos.

"It really is empty," Adara commented, feeling the warm air engulf her as she fully stepped inside.

"I guess nobody is here because of the rain," Cale said, stepping in with her.

Billos looked at them fondly. "Welcome, Young Master and Mistress," he greeted them as if they had known each other for a long time.

"We promised to come back," Cale started, shrugging.

"We needed to keep our promise," Adara finished, doing a similar motion.

Billos smiled. "Of course, promises need to be kept. Should I prepare the books and the tea from last time?"

Cale nodded. "Yes, four cups of tea, please."

Billos's eyebrows raised slightly. "Which teas should I make?"

"Sweetened chamomile for me," Adara said. "Whatever he ordered last time." She gave Cale a look, both of them grinning from ear to ear. "Warm lemon tea, make sure it's extra bitter, and the last doesn't matter, close your eyes and pick something."

She and Cale then went upstairs, waiting for Billos to come up with the tea. The rain was beating hard against the glass windows. "The rain is only getting worse," she commented as Billos came up. He came and sat across from them while putting down two cups of tea in front of the two. "I do hope it stops soon."

But she wasn't thinking about the rain. Such a greedy person, Adara thought. Staring at Billos, she observed his entire face. Pledging his loyalty to Choi Han in the third volume because he knows if he associates himself with he'll become the Flynn Merchant Guild's leader. It sounds exhausting. He was trying to make a situation, where he had grown so powerful that his father and brother will have no other choice but to introduce him as his son, as the younger brother. Which was hard to do as a bastard. But was easy if you were friends with Choi Han.

Billos, painfully aware of how the two were intensely staring at him, broke their train of thought. "Young Master and Mistress, I heard that you two are going to head to the capital, as representatives for Henituse and Thornwin Families, respectively."