⁷ˣ¹⁹. ⁱᵗˢ ᵃ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ʷᵃʸ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

season seven, episode nineteen

"Focus! Focus!"

Alison moved her fingers a certain way with Arizona, Cristina and Miranda Bailey cheering her on, "Hey." Arizona said when seeing her girlfriend staring at her hand, "Getting your fingers straight was the goal for today." Coming towards her fiancé, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Little goals, remember? All right, let me get in there to check her incision."

Arizona leaned and pecked her girlfriend's lips who wanted more than just a peck, "Morning." Mark said when coming into the room, "Baby report." The Sloan male said, "Boom!" Mark hit his fist against Arizona's fist, "I'm gonna go see them."

"Hey—" Alison looked away from Mark's phone to her fiancé, "You're awesome." Alison smiled at that looking to her baby daddy's phone seeing a picture of her twins, "See, they're moving their arms like they are waving. They still haven't opened their eyes, but brunette baby only stopped breathing once last night, and get this, her brain bleed's still grade one." Alison smiled at that looking at the video of her babies, "Good girl! They look bigger."

"Are they bigger?" Alison then asked when looking closely at the video on her baby daddy's phone, "All right," Dr Bailey stepped in, "some of us are still working. Let me get in there, please."

Alison let out a breath leaning back against her pillows, "I have a consult. How are you?" Her baby daddy asked, "Um—I almost got my hand straight." She said to him, "That's great!" Mark smiled.

"I can see them today?" Alison asked her doctor, Dr Miranda Bailey who looked down at the chief of orthopaedic surgery, "I'm sorry." Alison sighed, "No." she shook her head, "But until you can be mobilised and your infectious are completely gone, you cannot see them." Alison frowned, "And they can't leave the NICU."

Dr Bailey looked at her patient, "Now, you know I would if I could, you know that, right—" Alison hummed having tears slip down her face not looking at her doctor in the eye, "Yang, tell her I would."

"Mm—" Cristina hummed, "She would if she could." The resident explained where she then looked up seeing Alison's hand curled slightly, "Are you giving me the finger?" Alison nods her head, "Yes, I am."

"Good job." Alison chuckled as Yang finished working on her friend's chart, closing the chart up and walking out of Alison's hospital room, closing the hospital room door behind her.

____

"It's healing pretty well."

Cristina Yang stated to her friend, "Maybe in a couple of days, you can try sitting up by yourself." Alison looked at her friend, "Let's try now."

Cristina shook her head, "Alison, you can't rush it." She sighed, "Why did I get you? Why aren't you cutting out hearts somewhere?" Cristina put her friend's gown down, "Well, Altman and I had a falling out, over your ventricular septal defect, actually." Alison frowned, "I'm just getting her some space."