⁶ˣ¹³. ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵒᶠ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ

season six, episode thirteen

"is he giving a speech?"

everyone in seattle grace mercy west hospital had heard about derek shepherd being the new chief of surgery for reasons that no one knew expect for meredith, derek and richard.

owen hunt came to where his brother stood with his superior who looked at the new chief of surgery in confusion, "what the hell is he wearing?" callie questioned the group, "he looks good, chiefly," adam hunt responded to callie who looked at him, "he looks like an undertaker,"

the group chuckled at that, arizona leaning on the nurse's station desk in front of her girlfriend, "i promised him we'd clap," the pediatric surgeon admitted when looking back at her friends and girlfriend, "oh, now?" cristina said with a smile making alison playfully push the resident.

derek cleared his throat as he stood in front of his employees, "i want to thank you all for being here, i know you're busy, so i'll try to make this quick, as you may have heard, i have been applied the new interim chief of surgery," mummers went around the group of surgeons and nurses, "it's my personal goal to make this transition as smooth as possible, i know we've had a rocky few months,"

"here it comes,"

"mistake have been made," derek shepherd told his employees, "he's talking about the merger," alex said to the group of mercy wester behind him, "i intend to right those wrongs and— bring this hospital back to its former glory," he stated, "former glory?" cristina then said, "undertaker needs a speech writer,"

everyone turned their heads when seeing and hearing the doors open and close, "and um—" the shepherd male nods his head, "what i meant by that is, uh— what i'm trying to say is i wanna thank you for your support, in advance, that's all, ok, let's get back to work," derek told the hospital where arizona started to clap her hands as alison looked at her girlfriend who gave her a look, before she started to clap her hands.

alison stopped clapping her hands making a confused face to her girlfriend who only smiled, "karev," arizona then said to the married man, "i hear that you're the future of peds,"

"excuse me?" the man questioned as arizona looked back at the resident, "a little birdie named bailey whispered it in my ear, i want you to work with me today so i can see if she's right," she stated to the man who looked back at her, "what'd she say?"

avery leaned forwards, "that you're the best babysitter in the hospital," he stated where the blonde pediatric surgeon then looked to the resident, "you don't think peds is hardcore? you can say that to my face, avery," she said who cleared his throat, "no, no, ma'am,"

arizona hummed, "don't let the roller skates fool you, peds is nothing but hardcore," she said to the avery male before looking to alex, "rounds," she said to what the karev resident nods his head, "in ten,"

____

"hey—" lexie appeared in the same room that alison happened to be in, "need some help?" she questioned her superior, "uh, i think callie needs help but i'm good, thanks," she said with a kind smile.

lexie ignored the superior and went to stand near the cast padding and started to rip them, "ok, never mind," alison replied when seeing lexie ripping the cast padding, "i need to talk to you about mark,"

the orthopaedic surgeon looked to where lexie kept ripping, "could you not rip those?" she questioned to what went ignored, "he isn't speaking to me," the resident replied, "he barely even looks at me, and i know that we broke up, but we still work together and i'm gonna be a plastic surgeon," she said as alison shook her head, "you are not gonna be a plastic surgeon,"

"ok," lexie said to what alison hummed at, "we're gonna have to see each other every day, i mean he's best friend with my sister's post-it husband," lexie said to them, "i don't know what to do,"

alison nods her head, "i know, he's not exactly being fair," she stated holding the chart in hand, "no, he's not being fair!" lexie agreed to what alison said, "seriously, go easy on the cast padding," alison said what went ignored, "at least, he could be civil, i had a one night stand, ok? big deal,"

"right," lexie looked down at the cast padding, "it's not like he didn't sleep with addison," lexie said as alison looked at the resident, "true, more than once,"

"what?"

alison hummed when she realised that her friend hadn't told lexie about sleeping with addison, "nothing, i didn't say anything," she replied to what lexie repeated, "more than once! more then once?!"

lexie scoffed walking out of the room as alison hit her hand against the cast padding in annoyance at telling lexie about what mark had told her in solidarity.

____

alison entered the room where she saw her friend, and plastic surgeon, mark sloan alone inside a room working on his skin graft, "hey, nice skin graft," she complimented the skin graft when coming closer to her friend, "so i was talking to lexie," she admitted.

"why?"

mark questioned looking away from his skin graft to his best friend, "when? why are you talking to her?" he questioned as alison opened her mouth, "no, she came to me, and actually—" the man shook his head, "don't do this," he said setting down his equipment, "you and callie are my friends, not hers, don't take her side,"

the orthopaedic surgeon scoffed, "i'm not picking sides, i'm just saying she made some good points," she said to the man, "she dumped me and jumped into bed with karev!" the man said, "she doesn't get to make good points!"

"mark—" the orthopaedic surgeon gave her friend a look, "don't you think you're being a little—" she drifted off when mark cut her off, "what? mad? offended? disgusted?"

"hypocritical? sexist? immature?" she listed off looking at the plastic surgeon, "she dumped me! not the other way around!" alison took a step back from the man, "she dumped me for wanting to step up and be responsible with my own daughter," he explained to his friend frustrated, "you know how big of a step that is for me, and you know how much i wanted to take that step with lexie," he said looking away from alison who ran a hand through her brunette hair.

alison sighed, "i'm not the one who's immature! and you made me wreck my skin graft!" he said annoyed as alison held up her hands before starting to walk out of the room.

____

alison opened her front door when seeing mark standing in front of her front door as she wore her nice pjamas since she was in bed with her girlfriend about to have sexy time but not anymore.

"hi,"

mark looked at his friend, "can i stay here tonight?" he asked as alison nods her head opening her house door more wider, "i'm sorry," he said when embracing his best friend after she closed the front door, "i was out of line shouting at you like that," he admitted as alison nods her head, "it's ok, mark,"

she took his hand leading him into her bedroom where her girlfriend sat up seeing the plastic surgeon come into their room, "mark is gonna stay with us for a little," she said to her girlfriend who furrowed her eyebrows, "in our bed?" arizona questioned.

alison hummed as she lead mark to her side of her bed as arizona was on the left side of alison's king size bed, as she went in the middle of the two, "you feel better?" she questioned her friend, "a little,"

arizona let out a breath, "this really isn't gonna work for me," she said about the three of them being in alison's bed, "it'll be fine," alison said when intertwining her fingers with her girlfriend's finger after kissing her cheek.