⁶ˣ²¹. ʰᵒʷ ⁱⁿˢᵉⁿˢⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ

seasom six, episode twenty-one

"dr thomas, do you need a consult, i'm free,"

the two second year resident followed after alison who shook her head, "i don't need a consult, go and find dr altman," she told them two who went in the direction that alison told them to when coming into her patient's room, "jamie anders? hi,"

"hi,"

the female, jamie shook alison's outstretched hand, "dr thomas," she said introducing herself to her patient, "oh wow, what the hell did you do to your knee?" she questioned when getting some rubber gloves, "some jackass mowed me down on my bike and then took off,"

alison makes a face, "oh, hit and run? that sucks," she said about her patient's accident, "ok, this is probably gonna hurt a little, but i need to get in there and see what's going on, ok?" jamie nods her head when alison made eye contact with her, "go for it,"

"no! no! don't go for it, wow,"

the patient said when feeling the pain in her knee, "i'm sorry, are you ok?" alison asked her, "wow! this really blows," jamie said about her knee, "yea, that's one really messed-up patella," she said about her patient's knee, "plus, i'm out twenty bucks,"

alison furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean?" she said, "my friend said there's always an upside to an injury, and i said she was on crack, and she said watch, the doctor'll be hot," jamie explained to alison who wrote on her chart, "i said, the doctor will be old and gnarly, but you show up which means i owe her twenty bucks,"

the orthopaedic surgeon stopped writing looking at her patient with a smile at the women's compliment.

____

"page dr thomas!"

a few minutes later, the orthopaedic surgeon comes into the man's hospital room checking him out, "um bimalleolar ankle fracture, it was too weak to support his weight," she said to her work-wife, "he can go to ct now,"

"he's not going in that ct," the interim chief said about the emergency patient, "i think if we can position him—" richard tried to say to what derek stopped him, "it's rated for half his weight, if it breaks, he gets hurt again, it's not available for the fifty other patients who need it," the interim chief said to all of them.

charles looked at them, "what about the zoo? they gotta have a ct for, like rhinos, right?" he stupidly asked where bailey looked at resident, "percy, you're off the case, goodbye,"

"that wasn't a joke," the resident tried to explain, "that was an actual suggestion," he said to what miranda looked at him, "go," the resident did as said walking away.

alison furrowed her eyebrows at that, "it's a pretty good idea, actually," owen said to what teddy then said, "it's a terrible idea," richard looked at them, "we will spare this man the indignity of treating him like a zoo animal, if we can't get an image, we'll go with clinical labs and tests," teddy nods her head, "i could do a nuclear stress test in his heart, i just wish i could get him on a treadmill,"