⁶ˣ²⁴. ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ ʰⁱˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ

season six, episode twenty-four

arizona was with her appendix patient as alison held the little girl's hand in hers, "now you're gonna feel a little poke, and it's only gonna hurt for a little while," the pediatric surgeon told her patient, "no squirming,"

"it's hurts!"

alison held the girl's hand, "all right, squeeze my hand tight! tight," she said as the little girl did as said as arizona injected her patient, "oh wow, you're strong," she said.

her eyes moved away from the little girl then towards the doorway where she sees gary clark, looking down seeing the man's bloody hand, "there are only children here," arizona said protecting the child's body, "they shot me,"

"there are only children in here. only children here," the pediatric surgeon admitted, "i want my mommy!" the little girl cried, "all right, ok, i know you do, and she's gonna be back soon, but you know what until she gets here, you have the best doctor in that whole world with you right now," the orthopaedic surgeon stated not looking at the shooter, "dr robbins is the best doctor in this entire hospital, i think in the whole world,"

arizona looked at her ex girlfriend, "people feel so much better after she helps them, sometimes people feel better just after she walks in the room," alison admitted about her ex, "cause she has got this super magic smile," she then looked to arizona, "and when she smiles at you, everything gets better,"

the orthopaedic surgeon carried on, "you don't know it cause you have back to her right now, but is she giving you—wow, she's giving you her best super magic smile," she commented, "isn't that right, dr robbins?"

the women nods her head, "right, i am, ruby, i am," alison put her hand to ruby's face looking to her ex who had tears in her eyes, "i gotta—" her hand then went to arizona's face, "i love you," she quietly said.

"dr thomas!—"

gary clark's face went into realisation when seeing the women that had helped kill his wife was standing in the room, "mr-mr clark—" the man stood in front of alison a few feet away from the surgeon, "please, can we go outside? there's—there's only children here,"

the man nods his head as arizona went to stop alison with her hand on her ex girlfriend's arm, "i ha-have to, to keep your safe," she told arizona when she walked out of the room closing the door behind her, "i didn't plan to shoot all those people," he told them as alison nods her bed, "i—i uh—i know, you were sad, you were grieving, i-i understand that," she told the man, her voice shaky as she tried to calm her racing heart, "i only planned to shoot dr shepherd, and dr webber, dr grey—" gary clark said when his lifeless eyes met hers, "-and you,"

he raised the gun to alison's face, "you told dr grey to unplug the machine," he stated pointing the gun at the surgeon, "your demand killed my allison," the grieving husband told alison, "and now i'm gonna kill you," he raised his gun pointing straight at the orthopaedic surgeon who turned her head slowly into the room seeing arizona cover her mouth at the scene in front of her.

multiple tears fell down from her eyes when her body jolted as arizona's scream seemed to be going in slow motion as the thomas female's body fell straight onto the pediatric floor.

her head slamming down onto the marbled floor where her breaths were coming out rigged as the shooter's footsteps faltered as he walked away, arizona coming out of the room seeing her ex girlfriend lying with her blood spreading all around her, "al—alison,"

the pediatric surgeon stated when kneeling down near to her ex girlfriend's face, "don't-don't die, please-don't die," arizona begged her ex seeing her eyes looking at her, "it-it hurts," alison said quietly.

"someone help me!"

she pleaded screaming for someone on the pediatric floor to help her with alison's wounded body, "do not die, do you understand me?" arizona said applying pressure to where the bullet wound was in alison's dark blue scrubs, "i love you,"

"stay awake, alison! please, stay awake!" she moved alison who went unconscious seeing her mother in her dream before coming back when graziella, the resident that was on arizona's service had shook her awake again, "allie stay awake," arizona then looked to her resident for the day, "get me a wheelchair," the resident did as said, "this is going to hurt, but it'll be over," arizona promised just like how alison did with arizona's patient, "arizona, i can't—"

the blonde pediatric surgeon looked down at her, "i love you, ok, please don't die on me," she repeated looking into alison's mocha orbs normally seeing a sparkle in them however she didn't, "ok," graziella came to them where arizona looked at her, "ready?"

alison tried nodding her head when the attending and the resident lifted alison who yelled at the pain, "no, no, it's hurts!" she yelled out when arizona pushed through her yelling and setting her down onto the wheelchair.

"can you—" arizona then said looking at her resident for the day, "can you stay with the children?"

alison grabbed ahold of arizona's hand loosely in her own, "please don't—please don't leave me," she said through breaths, "i'm not, i'm not—" arizona repeated as graziella nods her head at what her resident said, "i'll stay, just be safe out there, ok?"

____

arizona moved her ex girlfriend in the wheelchair out of the hospital doors coming towards the ambulance seeing police officers with their loaded guns in hand, "we got a gsw in the chest, she needs immediate attention now," arizona said to the paramedics, "arizona, i—"

the police officers moved arizona aside to search the pediatric surgeon near to where teddy had also came out of the hospital, where alison's hand lets go of arizona's hand when being taken over to the gurney beginning to check over the wounded chief of orthopaedic surgery, "she's the chief of orthopaedic surgery, dr alison thomas," arizona said to the paramedics, "call seattle pres, let them know we're coming!"

____

the beeping machine in alison thomas's room beeped as the orthopaedic surgeon opened her eyes turning her head slightly to see arizona sitting there with her hand in hers, "hi,"

"people died," alison said to arizona with tears coming into her eyes, "i almost died," she admitted as arizona held alison's hand in hers, "people are dead, i—" arizona furrowed her eyebrows, "i don't want to have kids if it means i can't be with you," she said to arizona who shook her head, "no, no,"

the pediatric surgeon held her hand tighter in hers, "we'll have kids," she told her ex girlfriend, "we'll have all kinds of kids," a small smile came across alison's lips, "i always thought that i wasn't cut out to be a mom, but—you'll be a great mom, you'll be an amazing mom,"

alison let out a breath, "and i love you so much, and i can't live without you and our ten kids—" alison stopped arizona's rambling, "arizona—" the girl hummed, "come here and kiss me," she said when stopping arizona's ramble who smiled when standing up as she leaned over pressing her lips onto alison's lips who put her hands onto arizona's cheeks, "i love you so much,"

the women avoiding touching her wounded girlfriend near to where she had been shot, "don't ever do that again," arizona said when looking sternly into alison's mocha orbs, "i won't, i just knew that when i saw the gun in his hand and that when he saw me that he would—he would've shot me because of what i did to his wife," arizona shook her head at alison's words, "it's what she would've wanted, she wouldn't have wanted to be in pain,"

"just don't do that again, please—" arizona begged looking into alison's mocha orbs with tears coming into her eyes, "i won't," alison reassured her with her hand that had a needle in came up to wipe at arizona's tears that fell from her face.