⁵ˣ¹⁵. ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ

season five, episode fifteen

being an orthopaedic surgeon wasn't always the best part especially when seeing a young chlid crying out in pain before the bone sticking out of their small body

and alison thomas hated seeing children cry.

especially when they were in pain, alison had nieces and nephews, she knew how they'd cry when they were actually in pain crying from their insides instead of a weak cry.

the only thought in her mind was the pediatric surgeon who had kissed her in the local seattle bar that was near the hospital that all the doctors worked at, it's where alison had met her ex girlfriend.

standing near the nurse's station where she was openly flirting with the cute nurse she had sometimes accompany her in the or when hearing the chief speak to the interns, "does anyone know the medical term for worms in the brain?"

"cysticerci,"

the orthopaedic surgeon admitted when all of the interns and the chief turnt to her, chief webber smiling at his orthopaedic surgeon who hadn't looked up from the chart she was finishing off, "thank you, dr thomas," alison smiled when looking away from her chart.

"dr stevens requested you today for a special project," the chief admitted to the interns about the project izzie was working on, "ok, take an evenlole and pass them back, do not open them, you'll need them for the first game we're going to play," izzie stevens said to the interns.

an intern looked uninterested, "that's what we're doing? playing games?" he questioned making alison roll her eyes at his comment, when handing off the chart to the nurse who took it in as alison thanked them.

____

"hi,"

alison turned around to see her ex girlfriend, "addison, hi," the red headed women leaned forwards embracing her ex girlfriend, who had her head on addison's shoulder, "what happened?"

she questioned her ex girlfriend, "he was fine, we went to lunch and he was fine," she started to say as alison looked at addison's state, "hey, hey, he'll be okay," she clarified as her arms started to go around her waist, "he'll be okay, he has the best doctors in there working on him," she stated to addison about having derek operating on addison's brother.

"i can't—i need to go,"

addison moved out of her ex girlfriend's arms going around the corner, as alison ran a hand through her brunette hair.

she tried to find her ex girlfriend again, when she saw bailey and chief webber with two people that addison that bought with her into the hospital, "what's she doing?" she questioned them, "she's praying,"

alison shook her head, "addie doesn't pray," she admitted to them, "she must be hiding—" callie said when coming to where they stand, "i can hear you, i am not hiding, i am trying to pray, but i don't know how to, i am a wasp, we only go to church on christmas," addison said to the group.

alison looked at the group, "you guys go, i got this," she stated as callie looked to her fellow orthopaedic surgeon, "go," callie and everyone else moved away as alison walked into the small church with her hands in her coat.

she sat down next to her, "i have no clout with god," addison said to her, "god doesn't even know who i am, which sucks, because i could.." she scoffed, "..i could use some help,"

alison cleared her throat going onto her knees, "dear god, i need your guidance, i kissed a peds surgeon," she said when addison furrowed her eyebrows, "you kissed a peds surgeon?"

"well she kissed me, that's not the problem, the problem is the peds thing, she's perky..and has butterflies on her scrub cap," alison started to explain as addison looked at her ex girlfriend, "but she's...also hot, really hot, so..help me get over the butterflies," she said looking up to the sky, "amen..." she unclasped her hands moving back to sit next to addison.

she turnt to addison, "you're an amazing doctor, you save babies, of course god knows who you are," she told her, "do you really believe in all this?" addison questioned looking around the hospital pray room, "in god?"

"sometimes," she said to her ex girlfriend, "most of the time, when it counts," she told addison moving her hand to go over her ex girlfriend's hand.

____

alison had her arms crossed over her chest, "just got out of surgery, what's going on?" she said when coming to where izzie, alex and chief webber were, "any minute now,"

"she needs a prize,"

izzie nods her head, "a big prize, but not too big, because they did take out their own appendixes and i understand they're still being punished for that and you think that they're not even qualified to hold a clamp, so..do you have any prizes like that?" she questioned their chief.

"thank you—" their attention went onto george o'malley who was one the phone, "they're for their symptoms from their final patients, get out the finish line, it's gonna be close," he admitted as izzie and alex moved with alison just watching alongside the chief.

"come on!"
"come on!"

lexie and the two other interns that alison didn't know the name of crossed the finish line all at the same time, "final patient diagnosis?" she questioned them, "motion sickness!"

"no!"

"dengue fever!"

alison makes a face, "no!" izzie said out loud when she then points at lexie, "neurocycticcosis!" little grey said making alison chuckle and clap her hands impressed, "ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!"

lexie looked at them, "wait, what's the prize?" lexie questioned them, when alison looked to the chief, "that you get to scrub in on shepherd's craniotomy and hold the doomsday sucker,"

"what's a doomsday sucker?"

alison chuckled at that, looking at the energetic intern who was also the little sister of meredith grey.