⁷ˣ⁰⁵. ᵃˡᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵍʳᵒʷⁿ

season seven, episode five

the chief of orthopaedic surgery sat near where her girlfriend sat, "i have great faith in you, great faith," the chief of surgery, richard webber told all his attendings and head of department, "i can because i choose you, i trained you, i've wat...

the chief of orthopaedic surgery sat near where her girlfriend sat, "i have great faith in you, great faith," the chief of surgery, richard webber told all his attendings and head of department, "i can because i choose you, i trained you, i've watched you work and that's why today's different, the training wheels are coming off, people," he told them, "i'm throwing down the gauntlet today, people, i've got a million dollar surplus, and one department gets it, you know what you need and i know what you need,"

richard looked at all of them, "now, i want to know what you want, and i'm gonna keep the residents busy," the chief of surgery stated, "very busy, so that'll give you time to out your best foot forward,"

all of the attendings and head department surgeons all looked at one another, with alison looking to where callie sat in the opposite chair from her.

____

alison leaned against a wall when april kepner went towards the nurse's station who handed her a folder, "are you sure this is a good idea?" teddy questioned their superior who nods his head, "of course it is, we all did it, it's the evolution of the craft, the passing of the torch, the lifeblood of thr training process," the man told them as jackson and alex went towards april who chuckled.

"pray, people—" the man told the attendings, "we want god in the building today," alison hummed at that as she walked away from the attendings fixing the collar of her shirt to hid the love bite placement arizona had given her.

____

the chief of orthopaedic surgery goes towards the nurse's station when seeing mark walking from where alison's girlfriend and millie stood, "what? what happened?" she questioned when signing the chart in her hand and handing it to the nurse with a kind smile, "karev's about to do a gynecomastia surgery on a thirteen year old," mark stated to his best friend, "oh, karev's fine, he's done at bigger procedures than that," she stated.

arizona then joined mark's side, "you two would just rather worry about him than about your presentations to the chief," alison remarked where arizona shook her head, "i'm not worried," the blonde stated, "the money's going to the tiny humans, no one ever says no to the tiny humans,"

alison hummed with a playful smile on her lips, "ok," mark looked in between the two girlfriends where arizona looked back at alison, "what?" she questioned her girlfriend, "well—" her hand went to her girlfriend's arm, "—you're not gonna cry, 'cause you find the chief intimidating?"

"no!"

alison smiled, "good," she knew her competitiveness was coming especially with what the chief told them this morning, "i have work to do," alison leaned in kissing arizona's cheek, "bye," the blonde walked away as alison sipped on her coffee in her mug, "are you tryna psych her out?"

the orthopaedic surgeon looked at the plastics attending, "ortho needs the money, and i already know that callie has some good ideas along with my ideas that we can present to the chief," she said with a smirk to mark who narrowed his eyes at her, "i'm getting the money, let it go,"

mark said as alison scoffed, "oh, ok.. " she chuckled, "why wouldn't i?" alison tilted her head, "well, because you never prepare for anything, you think you'll get by on your good looks and charm and the brilliance that pops off the top of your head," mark nods his head at what alison said with a smile, "yeah, cause it always works,"

the two best friends looked at one another when alison sipped on her drink as mark shook his head not letting alison get into his head walking away from alison who smirked.

____

alison sipped on her drink from where mark was talking about what he said to the chief in his conference meeting as arizona, millie and callie all chuckled, "it's your fault, you know, you psyched me out to the chief," the plastics attending told alison who looked at him, "what? all i ever did was support you,"

teddy then looked to her friend, "oh, look at that face," she said motioning to alison's face, "that's her game face, she's in it to win it,"

"hell yea we are!" callie said slapping her hand against alison's hand who smiled high fiving her friend back.

arizona then sees alex, "oh hey, karev," the attending for the day looked at his superior, "did you talk to seth's mother?" the blonde questioned, "she's thinking about it, she may wanna talk to you guys again," he clarified, "way to handle it,"

mark said when looking to alex, "i can't force her to listen to me," millie looked at her friend, "hmm, you can," she stated about what she was helping arizona with, "well, then come and help me, mils," alex said to his fellow resident.

"oh, my god," everyone said when mark said something to alex that alison didn't quite catch as she was too busy looking at her girlfriend, "ok, that's getting in someone's head, i'm just honest," callie admitted.

arizona looked down to her pager, "i'm up with the chief, i gotta go," she said as callie then looked to her friend's girlfriend, "knock them dead," arizona looked to her girlfriend then to callie, "here, i brought you tissues, just in case," the ortho attending stated.

the blonde pediatric attending looked to her girlfriend who only shrugged her shoulders when arizona came more closer to alison, leaning down pressing against alison's soft lips, "good luck," alison said when arizona pulled back with a kind smile.

"thanks,"

____

"dr robbins suggest that we take—"

alison then looked to her ortho attending, "callie, i got this," the ortho attending went out of the conference room as alison looked to her chief, "oh, yeah, the tiny humans,"

"what—?" the chief looked at alison, "she's nicer than i am, and i'm nice," she said to her chief, "i'm sorry—" the chief looked confused, "she's more patient, she went to hopkins, she's more renowned in her work, she's a much better lesbian than i am, i mean, i was kind of a late bloomer," she clarified, "she's got this circle of lesbian friends, it's like this sub-culture, and i'm always just—" she said to her chief, "—just a little bit left out,"

she stuffed her hands back into her lab pockets, "just a little bit talked down to, even though i am the chief of orthopaedic surgery, whatever—" she shook her head, "she's just—she's—"

her mind kept blanking to arizona's sexy smile that alison loved seeing on her face whenever she entered a room, "she's just better," she stated to her chief, "so you want me to give ortho a million dollars to level the playing field in your relationship?"

alison shook her head at that, "no, i want you to give a million dollars to arizona because she deserves it and i'm sure what she said has already won you over," the chief looked at alison, "you know—you always seem to surprise me, thomas,"

the chief of surgery stated to his chief of orthopaedic surgery, "yeah, i—" richard pats her shoulder walking past her and out of the conference room.

____

the attendings and head of surgery's all watched as owen hunt got the money for his program as the thomas female looked at where arizona stood who sent owen a kind smile.

"hey,"

alison stands near to her girlfriend, "i'm sorry, i was all psyching you out," she admitted to her pediatric girlfriend, "i knew it," arizona said with alison only smiling at her girlfriend's comment, "what?" arizona then said, "i just—i love you, even in the conference meeting, i completely froze and just saying how you deserve the money for you and your tiny humans," she explained.

her pediatric girlfriend went around the nurse's station coming in front of alison, "you really did that?" the brunette looked in between arizona's blue eyes, "i did," arizona smiled leaning in, "i love you too," she stated before her lips touched her girlfriend's lips.