⁶ˣ⁰⁹. ⁿᵉʷ ʰⁱˢᵗᵒʳʸ

season six, episode nine

"where the hell have you been? you missed your il-2 appointment," alison thomas said when seeing izzie stevens standing near derek shepherd at the nurse's station, "you told them i was here? mer, who else did you tell?" izzie then questioned mered...

"where the hell have you been? you missed your il-2 appointment," alison thomas said when seeing izzie stevens standing near derek shepherd at the nurse's station, "you told them i was here? mer, who else did you tell?" izzie then questioned meredith who came with cristina.

charles percy came towards them, "well, well, well, look who's back," izzie then looked at her resident friends, "you told this guy? you told the guy that got me fired?" she said, "i didn't tell him, i don't even know him, it's my first day back," meredith stated to her friend.

derek looked at them, "dr percy is on my service today," izzie groaned, "and i didn't get you fired, you did that all by yourself," he stated as izzie hummed, "dr percy, dr singer needs a full dementia work up," derek told the resident, "dr stevens will give you the details,"

"hm—"

alison looked at her friend, "it's good to see you, iz," she told her friend when her pager started to beep, "page me before you leave, ok?" izzie nods her head when alison started going in the direction of where her patient was.

____

"hey," mark sloan, alison thomas and callie torres all went towards dr bailey, "is your trauma patient stable for skin grafting?" the plastic surgeon questioned, "the one with the pancreatic duct rupture?"

"miranda—"

the women turned to see the chief's wife standing there, "oh, adele! i'm so sorry, i sent the chief into surgery, do you want me to—" the chief's wife looked down at the women, "what i want is for you to tell me the truth, are you having an affair with my husband?"

alison then makes a face turning to her two friends who also made the same facial expression, "i am not having an affair with your husband!" dr bailey told the chief's wife that, "i saw the way you handled him just now,"

"i did not handle him!" miranda said with a laugh leaving her lips, "there was no handling, we work together!" the women said, "you spend every waking moment together, you finish each other's sentences, you read each other's minds, you're more married to that man than i am," adele told the chief resident as callie moved forwards, "but that's because they're husband and work-wife," she said adding to the situation, "excuse me?" miranda said when looking at callie.

"i get what she's saying—" alison said about her attending, "the chief is your work-husband, and you're his work-wife," she repeated, "you look out for each other, you take care of each other," she then looked back to callie and mark, "it's like torres and sloan,"

"excuse me?"

callie shushed her friend, "nobody's talking to you, he's my work-husband but he had a girlfriend, and i have a girlfriend," callie explained as alison nods her head, "but there's nothing going on between us,"

mark looked at adele, "there was at one point—" callie looked at him, "you're not helping," miranda looked at all three of them, "neither one of you are," she said before looking to the chief's wife, "adele, i promise you, there's nothing going on," she promised the women, "something is going on because he hasn't been in his bed all week,"

"what?"
"really?"

alison slapped mark's arm, "the last time he acted like this, disappearing, sleeping at the hospital every night, he was with ellis grey," the women admitted, "he may not be having an affair with you—"

"he's not, i promise, i promise you he's not," miranda repeated as adele then nods her head, "okay," adele looked at her, "but wife-wife to work-wife, someone in this hospital is sleeping with our husband," she said.

____

mark and callie came over to where the thomas surgeon sat with her girlfriend at lunch in the cafeteria, "you don't think it's bailey?" mark questioned callie when they came over to their friends, "no," alison then said, "really? i kinda like them together," mark added, "it's not yang, is it?"

arizona sipped on her drink reading the newspaper she had in her hand, "what are you guys talking about?" she then questioned looking to her girlfriend, "you haven't heard the chief's having—"

alison looked to her friend, "mark, you are a terrible gossip," she told the plastic surgeon who smiled, "i'm an excellent gossip," he stated as alison sipped on her drink.

"mind if we join you?"

the trauma surgeon and the new cardio surgeon came to them, "no, have a seat," mark looked at the women, "how's your first day? you ready to go back to baghdad yet?" he questioned the cardio women, "i'm actually really impressed, the facility, the equipment, caliber of residents,"

"have you met cristina yang yet?" arizona questioned sipping on her girlfriend's drink, "cristina yang may, in fact, be the best resident i've ever seen," teddy altman told them, "you think?" owen questioned, "i do, i don't think she likes me, but yeah,"

"ooh— she doesn't like you?"

alison sighed, "mark—" callie looked to her and alison's best friend, "no, you're probably right, just because yang drove off the last three cardio attendings—" owen shook his head, "she did not,"

"burke," owen looked down, "hahn—" mark then added, "she had nothing to do with hann leaving," owen said as callie leaned forwards, "no, that was me," she admitted about the last cardio attending leaving, "dixon," mark listed, "cristina just needs a strong cardio attending, she deserves a strong cardio attending,"

teddy looked at her friend, "cristina, huh, wow—" she then said as alison sipped on her drink, "so-so you and yang?" teddy then asked her friend, "what happened to you and beth?"

"oh, he didn't tell you?" mark then looked at the cardio attending, "beth showed up one day at the hospital, she didn't even know he was— ow!" arizona kicked the man in the shin, "did you just kick me?" he then said asking his black headed friend, "no, that was me," the pediatric surgeon stated as alison smiled at her girlfriend.

teddy looked at owen, "so when you called me up and told me about this great job at this great hospital, you were just bringing me out here as a present for your new girlfriend?" she asked the trauma attending, "it is a great job with great people, one of whom happens to be—yeah, yeah,"

arizona pats the man's back as alison held arizona's other hand, "that's okay, i'm not mad, i'm just gonna enjoy all the ways that you're gonna have to make it up to me," she said biting into her sandwich, "ok," alison and callie both chuckled.

____

the thomas female got off of her celephone going to where miranda bailey stood against the nurse's station, "what the—what's going on?" she questioned the chief resident, "uh the chief's taking some time off from surgery for a while," miranda then said, "because he's having an affair?"

"because of the merger," miranda said after alison's comment, "he's not having an affair! he's exhausted," she told the orthopaedic surgeon, "now, i've lost my work-husband and my husband-husband,"

alison frowned at the information, "i'll be your work-husband," she stated to the chief resident, "don't you have arizona?" miranda questioned to what she then said, "she's my girlfriend, she's not my work-wife,"

"okay, i'll be your work-wife," miranda said to what alison smiled, "great," miranda shook her head playfully, "you and george were always my favourite," she said to the head of orthopaedic surgery, "i wasn't in george's class,"

miranda nods her head, "i know, but when you joined, you and o'malley came at the same time," she explained to what alison smiled at, "i'll see you tomorrow, dr bailey," she then said with a smile to her work-wife going towards the elevator.