⁷ˣ⁰¹. ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ

season seven, episode one

"are you sure you're okay to go back to work?"

arizona questioned her girlfriend as it was finally alison's first day back after the whole getting shot in the chest situation, with the chief of orthopaedic surgery excited to finally be going back, "i'm okay," she reassured her girlfriend, "dr perkins said i could come back today, i have spent three weeks at home," she told arizona who stood opposite her, "i'm ready to go back,"

the pediatric surgery knew about her girlfriend's nightmares whenever the surgeon fell asleep without the children's surgeon alongside her, shaking in her sleep, "okay," arizona said as alison smiled leaning forward and placing a kiss to arizona's lips.

"let's go to work,"

everyone clapped their hands when the chief of orthopaedic surgery came through the double doors alongside her girlfriend, smiling at the claps and smiles, "good morning," she said to all of them.

as they all waited for the interim chief to come through the double doors and just like they did for alison, they all clapped their hands for derek, "thank you, thank you very much," derek said when going to stand at the stairwell, "it's uh great to be back, first of all, i'd like to thank dr webber for stepping up in my absence," the interim chief said about the chief of surgery.

the staff clapped their hands, "i'm grateful for all of you, for all of your support during my recovery, thank you, uh it's just so great to be back as chief," the shepherd male stated, "i'm grateful for the—" derek looked at the scan in his hand, "—i'm sorry, that's a lie. it's what people say and the truth is—i hate being chief, i hate it," derek repeated to all of them, "chief webber, chief webber is our chief, um and i'm sorry, but this giant—sorry," he said distracted, "i've got to go look at this chordoma, i'm sorry, but—" the shepherd male started to say, "—i quit,"

"what?"

alison furrowed her eyebrows at derek's statement in front of everyone before looking at where meredith stood who looked as equally as confused as everyone else did.

____

"oh, my god!"

alison said when coming into the scan room and looking at derek's patient's chordoma, "wow," callie then said as the two walked into the room with mark, "you weren't kidding,"

april kepner who was like derek's little assistant then said, "the last surgeon broke the dura which enabled the tumor to mushroom into the brain and down into the spine," she explained, "it's wrapped around his brain stem," alison then said when looking closely at the chordoma, "whatever you do, you need to do it quickly,"

derek hummed at what alison said, "the size of this thing—" mark shook his head, "—normally i open up the sinuses or the hard palate—" mark started to say, "well, now you'd have to open up both," derek replied.