⁵ˣ¹⁷. ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶠᵒˡˡᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏ

season five, episode seventeen

"it's still swollen," alison said after looking at her friend's hand, "i'd give it another day's rest," she concluded as mark looked at her, "i haven't operated in days," he spoke as alison made a pouty face, "don't hit people with your scalpel ha...

"it's still swollen," alison said after looking at her friend's hand, "i'd give it another day's rest," she concluded as mark looked at her, "i haven't operated in days," he spoke as alison made a pouty face, "don't hit people with your scalpel hand, have you talked to him yet?" she questioned him.

"he threw the first punch," mark said looking down to his bruised hand, "you did catch him at a bad time," she explained as mark looked at her, "so he lost a patient, boo-hoo," alison had to hide her smile.

mark then checked his friend out pulling the plaster from her nose, "is it still swollen?" alison questioned when mark touched alison's nose who then winced at the pain, "still swollen," mark out a new plaster onto his friend's nose covering the cut, "we're surgeons, we're men, we lose patients," mark continued with what he was saying, "doesn't give him the right to go around behaving like a drunk frat boy, now i'm supposed to go crawling back, begging for his forgiveness—?"

alison moved mark in the direction of where she saw arizona, "what are you doing?" mark questioned his best friend who shh'd him, she let out a sigh, "i went all say anything like callie said on the peds surgeon in front of the peds surgeon's date, and then i had kissed addison near her and then had sex with addison so i am hiding from the peds surgeon," she explained to mark who looked at her, "mature,"

alison makes a face, "um, you got in a fist fight, no judging," she said to her best friend before walking away from the plastic surgeon.

____

alison did an ultrasound on her friend's hand, "you realise, as your doctor, i'm not recommending this, right?" she said looking at mark, "i need to get through my surgeries today," mark admitted to his best friend, "you're gonna get through them, you're just gonna be in a whirl of hurt later," she admitted continuing to do the ultrasound on his arm.

"you heard of a dr nelson in neuro?"

alison looked up at mark with her eyebrows furrowed, "oh yeah," she said with a smile, "shadow shepherd," she chuckled, "shadow shepherd?" he questioned his best friend who continued to laugh, "he's a solid surgeon, but sort of the jv player to shepherd's varsity, the uh b team to shepherd's a, the bricklayer to shepherd's architect—" she continued to explain, "i get it," mark said making alison stop, "just cause the guy doesn't publish fancy clinical trails, or take on flashy sur, or have creepy perfect hair, he's less of a man?"

"kinda,"

alison nods her head at what he said, he hissed when she poked the needle into him and pushed the medicine into his wrist.

she exited out of the room seeing derek in a suit not looking like his usual self, "i'm not operating," derek said to their chief, "look, i know you've got a big lawsuit breathing down your neck, i know you lost a patient but i need you back to work, doing the job i hired you to do," chief webber said to the neurosurgeon, "i am not operating,"

"i'm not asking, i'm telling as chief surgeon," derek walked away from their chief who started to raise his voice, "if you don't get back into that or today, shepherd—" richard stopped putting his hands to his hips realising that derek wasn't listening as he walked further and further away.

____

alison was in the elevator on her phone when the elevator opened and entered arizona robbins making alison look away from her phone putting it away into her bag.

"so i've had quite the day, got my ass handed to me by alex karev, a second year resident, which is humbling for a surgeon, especially a know-it-all—" arizona stopped when alison looked at her, interrupting her, "we don't have to do this, be friends,"

she admitted to the blonde headed peds surgeon, "ok, it's a big hospital, lots of floors, lot of places to hide," she admitted, "i'm perfectly okay with doing that for the next few years," arizona shook her head, "you're not hearing me, alison," arizona said, "sometimes i panic in the moment, i call it wrong, i misjudge a situation," she stated to thr ortho surgeon, "so if you're still up for it, i'd like to take you to dinner,"

alison's head whipped to arizona who smiled at her, "maybe," she said stepping out at the floor she pressed on, "maybe?" arizona said as alison nods her head, "yea, my schedule's kind of insane right now, so i'll get back to you,"

the door started to close with alison knowing she was gonna regret that, putting her hand in between the elevator doors stopping them from closing, "how's uh..tomorrow?" arizona looked at the brunette headed women who smiled back at her.