Shifting Winds

"And this is where I'm sittin' my happy ass," Beam clicks his tongue as he perches on a large boulder. "Whatever the hell it is you an' yer family have goin' on with him, I ain't sure I fall under it."

"Sorry, mate." James claps his back, "I'm with 'im on this . As shitty as it be, I like life."

"Aye, I be ah gettin' it," he sighs, knowing they'd rather be in the camps than here, "I'll wave ya off if I be findin' T."

"'Preciated." Beam salutes him with two fingers.

He grins as he salutes the two and continues on.

Things were starting to get cramped back at the cove. And if they were cramped at the cove, he could only imagine how bad it was on the ship.

Ol' Man expansions or not, there was only so much room.

Later him problems.

He picks up his pace, grimacing at the soreness in his legs as he rushes to the temple steps.

Rush may have released him sooner than Gil, but hell if he wasn't sore from that chase.

"Guyliner," Hades greets, "Was waitin' for one of you to show up."

"Cause T be here?" He asks suspiciously.

"How's my Kitten?" Hades crosses his arms as he leans against the hall's entryway.

"Don'nah be playin' games with me, Baldy," He glares up at the god, "is T here?"

"Oooh look who's grown a pair." Hades chuckles, "you just keep surprising, don't ya."

He cups his hands around his mouth, "T!"

Hades rolls his eyes, "yeesh, okay fine he's here."

He glares at him before he turns and waves.

"Oh, that's why you-" Hades rolls his eyes before he pushes off the wall, "Fair." He props his fists on his hips, "Kitten?"

He growls, "She be recoverin'."

"Good, good." Hades nods, "and she um-" he rubs the back of his head, "Pain and Panic delivered the necklaces?"

His eyes narrow, "what necklaces ya be ah talkin' 'bout?"

Hades frowns, "the one's Firebug demanded she needed." He crosses his arms.

She needed?

His eyes widen as his stomach sours.

Had Deez been without her charm to ward off the memories?

Her charm to protect her from magic?

The shell Gil made her, so she could never forget where she belonged?

"If Uma be gettin' 'em, then they be where they be needed."

"I guess that's good enough," Hades sighs, "coming?"

What the hell?

"Aye?" He closes his eyes as he takes a deep breath before he follows.

Seriously, though, how had this happened?

How was he here, navigating the whims of the god of Death?

Because T was a fan of vague.

"It's probably for the best that you're here; I've got shit to send to your people," Hades says as he motions towards the room with the couches and overstuffed chairs,"and I've got stuff to do."

He watches as the god disappears up a flight of stairs before he rolls his eyes and races to the sitting room.

"T!" He calls out as he skids into the fire lit room.