Interim

Boom,

Didn't think I was going to remember, but I did!

So, without further comment-

"Fuckin'-"

He groans before he catches the sweet scent of lavender and peppermint.

Well, if all it took was a dart to the ass to be laid up with his family-

Wait-

The kids.

Evil Queen and Cruella.

It was all too fuzzy.

Had they saved the girls?

His brow furrows as he opens his eyes.

"Harry!" Gil greets with the distinct noise of wood hitting wood.

"Hiya Sweet Boy-" his brow furrows, "wait. When we be ah gettin' ya an' Baby Girl back from the cove?"

His gaze drops to the girls laying beside each other.

Gil's expression falls, "right, you've been out for ah couple o' days." He lets out a heavy sigh as he sits on the bed.

A couple of-

Why did Gil look so-

He sits up so fast the room spins, "what the fuck be happenin'?"

"Not sure..." Gil frowns, "Jus' know whatever it was, wasn't good."

"Where T be?" He growls as he throws his legs over the side of the bed as he stands to glare at the empty hammocks.

Gil takes a deep breath, "he and Yensid haven't come back yet."

He blinks before he walks over to his notebook on the table.

The messages only vanished after the notebook was opened and closed again. At least he'd be able to catch up.

"Last thing I be memberin' be Evil Queen's place." He admits with a heavy sigh.

"Ya got hit with a spell."

"Yeah, I ain'nah forgettin' that brand o' pain anytime soon." He breathes out as he shakes his head.

One hand runs over his arm as if he needed the reminder that he wasn't locked in the cramps or convulsing uncontrollably.

Maybe he did need it.

He flexes his fingers several times.

Fucking magic.

Arms wrap around him and he's pulled into Gil's chest before the other boy kisses his head. "I bet'cha won't."

He closes his eyes as he lets the notebook slip from his fingers, "Thank you fer the charm," he says as he twists to return the hug, "Yensid be sayin' it-"

Fuck, if that was how that spell felt with a shield. No wonder the girls had been terrified for him.

Gil closes his eyes as their foreheads tap together. "From what I'm told, ya got lucky."

He snorts, "I always be lucky ,Sweet Boy, I be number one."

"S'not funny," Gil scolds as he looks away, "magic is scary."

He sighs before he pulls Gil's head back and presses their lips together, "Aye mate. It ain'nah bein' fun when it be gettin' used against us." He pulls back to grin and wink, "yer magic be nice though."

"Ain't worth it." Gil turns to glance at the girls with a sigh.

He frowns before he twists to grab the notebook again, "Come on, let's be snugglin' on the bed with 'em instead o' just starin' at 'em."