Uproar

Harry's hand tightens around the new dagger at his hip as he stares uselessly out into the darkness.

Where the hell was T?

After all that chaos, he'd been so sure T'd managed to slip away.

But now the sinking feeling in his gut was starting to twist that trust.

He looks around the small area they'd gathered in, all silent as they waited.

One camp down.

Thirty-something rescued Isle Borns.

Every single one of them just happy to be free.

No lies.

No deceptions.

Just clear answers that they would follow Uma and Beam's orders, and eagerness to follow Big Murph and his crew back to the cove.

But that infiltration had been-

He closes his eyes as his knuckles pop around his dagger.

Chaos. Though that didn't even begin to cover it.

The soldiers had been everywhere.

Smoke.

Fog.

Riffle fire.

Flashes.

One hand drops to his ribs.

They'd all hit the ground when they'd heard the cracks of rifle fire.

They'd dodged the bullets, only to be trampled by the scared soldiers.

Was that what they should expect every time?

He looks over at Gil sitting with Uma and Deez, his head resting against their laps as Deez slowly finger combs his hair.

Something was wrong, he could tell by the look in his eyes.

Not that they could talk about it right now, not with everyone catching their breath and checking for injuries.

Not when they weren't all here yet.

He needed T.

He looks up when an elbow digs into his side.

"Everyone okay?"

Relief.

Sheer, painful relief.

That's what T's voice gave him.

Relief so powerful he wasn't sure how he'd managed to pull T into a vice grip hug.

He also wasn't sure who was more surprised.

"Are you?" He whispers roughly, his lips pressed tightly behind T's ear.

"That didn't answer the question. Also, off."

He growls as his arms tighten, "couple bumps an' bruises. Ain'nah bein' nothin' major. People be adjustin' cause that were'nah bein' smooth sailin' with the soldiers runnin' crazed like." He explains before asking once more, "do you be hurt?"

"Maybe a scrape or two, but nothin' major." T grins at him, "worried?"

"After all the shootin' back there?" T's back pops as he holds him tighter still, "aye ya lil' fuckin' shit. I were bein' worried."

"Hooook," T whines quietly as he squirms to be let go.

"Teeee," he whines back, but reluctantly drops his arms to his sides.