Departure

He glances up at the sky, the rain instantly stinging his eyes before he's forced to look away.

Fuck.

How long was it going to stay like this?

It was impossible to see shit.

Everything was dark, short of when the eerie green lightning flickered across the sky.

It wasn't a problem, for the moment.

Still, despite all that, he honestly preferred it this way.

It made it easier to stay obfuscated.

And on a level, it was pretty-

It is, isn't it?

He grins at her giggle.

Kinda, yeah.

He couldn't remember the last time they'd gotten along so well.

It was nice.

It had been so long since he'd heard her laugh so much at something that wasn't due to his misfortune.

Oh, come on T I'm not that bad.

He snorts.

Says you, fucking sadist.

Says the masochist.

Hey-

He shakes his head.

Shut up.

Witty comeback as always.

Ah.

There you are.

Bitch.

Don't act like you don't love it.

Ain't an act.

Little Liar.

He smiles despite himself.

Eh. Maybe a little.

Though no lie, it was actually a relief.

To hear her so happy.

It was still fucking weird to hear her like this.

But he was adjusting.

And, in all honesty it was kind of nice to know what the fuck was going on when he hadn't been present.

She was thorough in her-

Report sounded weird, catch up maybe?

His nose crinkles, whatever the right word was.

And she was able to answer his questions, and call him out when his mind wandered.

His gaze drifts to Harry, before he steps closer and nudges his shoulder.

"Thank you."

Harry's brow furrows as he tilts his head towards him, "Uh, what ya be ah thankin' me for?"

He drops his eyes as his cheeks heat up, "I didn't realize how much she hated my clothes." He mumbles.

"Oh." Harry's confused look softens with a half smile, "it be bein' me pleasure. I kinda be ah noticin' that she be ah pluckin' at the hoodie now an' then. An' sides," he shrugs as he looks away, "what girl ain'nah likin' ta look her best?"

He tilts his head to the side.

What girl-

He grimaces.

Why hadn't he thought that.

Because short of demanding everyone cover themselves completely, you never pay attention. Well, that and you have different priorities. Which, I'm not complaining about. It would be...