Reflecting Elections

"What?" Gil looks up from the steaming red metal. "He actually won?"

"Aye," Harry nods, "so ya were listenin'."

Gil frowns, "I always listen when ya talk. It's the rememberin' that's the problem."

Harry rolls his eyes.

"But," her eyes narrow as she looks up from the glass she was rolling in her hands, "I thought the election was tomorrow?"

"It were s'pose ta be," Harry frowns, "but Queen o' Crazy an' Gov'ner Useless be ah missin'."

Well that wasn't exactly unexpected.

But Gaston making it through that?

Or being the one who organized it?

That was a surprise.

Gil frowns as he stares at the blade, "was really hopin' that wouldn't happen."

"Aye?" Harry tilts his head, "an' why ya be ah hopin' that."

She turns to Gil with a frown.

She knew.

Knew it from the moment Junior and Third showed up and tried to drag him off.

He was afraid of the same thing she was.

Their fathers taking them away.

Gil's cheeks redden dark enough to rival Faustina's as he looks away and rubs the back of his head. "Jus' worried."

"Mate I can'ah be ah helpin' if I don'nah know what be worryin' ya." Harry sighs.

She slips off the table she was sitting on to lean supportively against Gil's side.

"We don't know that Gaston will try to pull you away."

Harry's eyes flash dangerously, "like hell we be ah lettin' yer ol' man be takin' ya, Sweet Boy."

"And I'll fight him if he tries," she offers as she smiles and wraps her arms around his waist.

Gil holds her close as he nods, "I don't want ya ta fight 'im."

"I'm pretty sure he feels the same way."

Harry snorts. "Aye, Baby Girl be ah makin' a point there lad."

"I'm terrifying."

Gil's lips twitch, "-ly adorable."

She shrugs, "to the good ones."

She hated it when he was worried. Hated that there was usually nothing she could do to help.

Gaston wasn't her father.

And Gil still loved his family.

Of course he didn't want them to get hurt.

But like Harry said-

Like hell were they losing Gil.

Gil runs a hand over her head, "guess we're lucky we're good then."

Harry grins, "Aye we be. It be dumb ta be pissin' off ah Princess that be ah made o' fire."

She smiles before she does her best Harry wink, "ya know, hopefully the twins told your dad they didn't want to mess with us anymore."

Harry crosses his arms, "Aye, there also be that."

"Yeah," Gil agrees reluctantly before a smile cracks his lips, "Junior would rather wear a dress."

She snorts, "He'd rather wear a dress than admit you knocked him on his ass?"