First of Many

"-swords," He finishes as the door bangs behind Deez before he snorts.

"Didn't ya just send that ol' man to bed a couple hours ago?" Beam questions as he looks up from the list he was working on.

"Damn it," Uma sighs with a shake of her head.

"Eh," He shrugs, "He'll be upset if he missed a-" He turns to Uma, "The fuck are we callin' these? Jus' meetings or like- Something? Is there a pirate name for this bull shit?"

Uma shrugs, "Yensid said something about holding council, so maybe that's what we should call it. A council meeting?"

"Lame," He shakes his head before he goes back to perching on the back of Harry's seat watching the pirate curiously.

I told you not to drop it.

He drops his head.

Damn it.

He'd just been excited to have something to help.

He frowns as he watches Harry glare at the pile with an intensity dark enough to put Beam on edge. intensity.

And he'd never thought a pile of gold-

He grimaces as a glint of candle light dances over a cross.

Shit.

He hadn't thought about-

That's exactly my point, you didn't- Sorry, don't think. You just do. Would it kill you to listen to me?

Depends on the situation.

Excuse me?

Uh-

He nudges Harry with his knee, hoping it was enough to get Faustina's attention off him.

He swallows a sigh when Harry doesn't acknowledge the silent 'yo, attention please'.

T! Don't you dare-

"Oy!" Harry turns after a sharp tug on his hair, "what I be ah sayin' 'bout pullin' me hair?"

He grins, "don't."

Beam rolls his eyes, "are ya five? Cause most the young'uns know better than that."

"Five year olds might know better but-" Gil gestures to him, "T's a cat."

Uma snorts, "shit Sweet boy, I never- Yes."

"No I'm not." He glares at Gil.

"See, even spits and hisses like one."

Harry's glare softens to a smirk before he tilts his head thoughtfully, "ya do be gettin' the look Shrimpy be gettin' when she be ah catchin' ah mouse,"

"An ya take a strange enjoyment in bitin' the hand that feeds ya." James grins.

"And come an' go as ya damn well fuckin' please." Beam adds mirthfully.

"An' ya get so cranky when ya get wet." Uma adds in amusement.

Gil snickers, "or touched."

"An' forget tryin' ta pick ya up." Harry snorts.

He scowls when raucous laughter echoes in his ears.

You sound like a pitchy witch cackling.

You're a kit-T!

He growls when she just continues laughing.

"And-" Beam beam's, "there's his patented purr."

"All of you can go fuck yourselves." He glares as heat floods his cheeks and he looks away.