Kraken Dreams

Sorry for the missed week! We had a lot of things hit us all at once and things got real crazy. But we're all good now, and getting back to writing and posting chapters.

Thank you all for your continued patience with us!

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

================================================================================================================================================================

"Uma!" Her Baby Girl's voice rings in her ears, "Harry!"

"Uma! Harry!" Her Sweet Boy echoes. "C'mon, wake up guys!"

What was happening? Something wraps around her waist, clinging to her tightly.

"Umes." Her Problem Child snorts in disbelief, "Hook."

She frowns at the sound of glass clinking together and rolling.

"Oomph!" Harry groans.

"Really?' Deez snaps, conjuring an image of her Baby Girl telling T off, "Why?"

"Ow." She reflexively rubs her temple after something clips it.

"T!" Gil's stern voice barks in disapproval.

"Oh c'mon, it's not like they can feel it." T scoffs.

"No one has your ointment right now." Deez snaps, "People feel things-"

"Stop throwin' books." Gil orders, his voice brimming with annoyance.

Throwing-

Someone was throwing books?

That was new.

Usually her nightmares involved tentacles not projectiles.

She fights to open her eyes.

Stark white and soft blue slowly come into focus, confusing her with the nearness.

"B-Baby Girl?"

She felt so real as her arms closed around the warmth buried against her.

"We're home."

Another dream? A happy dream?

Or her nightmares becoming crueler?

Her family. All here. Surrounding her.

She smiles as she breathes in deeply, pressing her nose into the earth and salt-scented softness.

But it couldn't be her Baby Girl. She didn't smell right. Where was the peppermint Harry had taken to putting in her hair?

"Uma." The arms around her squeeze tighter, "you're not usually so hard to wake up." She hears someone take a deep breath. "Why do you guys smell like alcohol?"

More clinking.

"I wonder."

She slowly pulls back to find herself staring into blue encircled by rings of darkness.

Here it came.

Images of Deez hurt or sick.

Anything to torment her.

"I- I'm so sorry, Baby Girl." She hesitantly reaches out, afraid to touch her, terrified if she didn't touch her, she'd vanish.

The blue eyes blink several times, "why?"

Did she really need to list her sins? "I wasn't there for you. There were so many times you needed me, and I just-" She blinks, falling silent at the soft touch against her lips.