The New Attraction {Draco}

Draco x Reader

You're the transfer student at Hogwarts after the war. You were sorted into Gryffindor. At breakfast you sat by yourself. You're pretty sure that everyone thinks you're shy when really you just didn't care.

Your first class is Double Potions with the Slytherins. Snape puts everyone in pairs and you get stuck with Draco Malfoy. Great.

"Why is this scum sitting next to me?"

 As the question rolls out of his mouth, the class goes dead silent. Probably wondering what the 'shy', quiet, new student is going to say.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? Existing?" he sneers.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to give you the impression that you can insult me. Because you're wrong."

He blinks in surprise and by the continuing silence, the class is surprised too.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Well, since the Professor told me to get with Draco Malfoy, I'm assuming that's you. But please tell me I'm wrong. I'm begging you."

He rolls up the sleeve from his left arm to show you the black skull and snake.

"Do you know what that is?"

"Yes. It's the Dark Mark. Done with the interrogation yet?"

"So what am I?"

"An immature boy."

Some people chuckle at this. He asks again through clenched teeth.

"So what am I?"

"A slimy git?" you guess.

"I'm a Death Eater."

"No you're not."

"Really? They sure fooled me."

"You're an ex-Death Eater. What's up with that name any way? Are you the one eating death or are you force feeding death to someone else?"

He chuckles dryly. "So you know who my leader was?"

"Voldemort." He flinches. "But if I recall correctly, someone in this room defeated him."

He turns to Snape and asks impatiently, "Do I have to sit next to this horrible creature?"

You interrupt before Snape can answer. "Aw, is Dwaco afwaid of pweople?"

Draco glares at you while Snape warns, "Miss/Mr/Mx (L/N).."

"No. I just don't like ugly ones."

"You're so shallow. Personality makes someone beautiful, not just looks. That's why I'm beautiful and no one can figure out what you are."

"Miss/Mr/Mx (L/N)! If I have to warn you one more time, you'll go see the Headmistress!"

"You beautiful? Maybe in another universe."

"You still admitted that I'm beautiful."

"Did not!"

"Uh huh. In an alternate universe, I'd still be myself, but my environment would be different. So if my alternate self is beautiful, my normal self is beautiful."

He scowls at your logic.

"Well, at least I have friends."

"Where? I came in here and you were by yourself, no one near you. When you have friends, they normally talk to you. I might not have friends here, but I at least have some."

Draco's left eye starts to twitch. Snape's deadly drawl interrupts.

"Miss/Mr/Mx (L/N), if you'd be so kind, please go see the Headmistress."

"No offense, Professor, but I'm not going unless Mr. Malfoy accompanies me. He's caused as much of a disruption as I have."

"Fine, whatever! Both of you go! Now!"

You take a bow to the class and to your surprise, they applaud.
You stomp out with Malfoy on your heels. As soon as the Potion doors shut, Malfoy has you pinned against the wall.

"What's your problem?!" you hiss at him.

He whispers in your ear, "You. No one talks to me like that and it kinda turns me on. You're feisty. I like feisty."

Then he kisses you roughly. It was the best damn kiss you've ever had.