Chapter 55

Arnav and Kushi were in their bed when they heard a knock sound on the door. Arnav groaned in irritation and Kushi chuckled lightly and moving down from him, she laid on the bed. Arnav stood up and walked to the door and opened it to see HP standing there.

HP - Bhaiya, Dinner is ready. Will you come down or should I bring your and Bhabhi's dinner here ?

Arnav - We'll come down. You go HP.

HP smiled and went downstairs. Arnav closed the door and came back to bed and sat beside Kushi.

Arnav - Come let's go down for dinner.

Kushi's face fell, he sighed and kissed her cheek.

Arnav - You are not at fault Kushi. Why are you hesitant ? If anyone says anything, I will see to them. Come.....

Kushi sat on the bed and hugged him - Already everyone is hurt. Don't say anything to anyone in this situation. Everyone would expect your support now.

Arnav smiled - Alright your highness. Let's go down.

Kushi gave him her beautiful smile and stood up to walk with him to have dinner.

On reaching the dining room, they saw everyone except Mama and Mami were there.

Payal - Sit Kushi....

Arnav - Mama and Mami didn't come.

Vansh - They will come Bhai. You sit and eat first.

Arnav and Kushi looked at Vansh who was looking more peaceful now.

Arnav - I'll just go and see Mama and Mami and come.

Even before anyone could say anything, he started walking towards their room.

Reaching their room he knocked on the door. Manohar who was sitting on the sofa with his closed eyes opened his eyes and looked at Arnav.

Mama - Come inside Bitwa....

Arnav walked inside and saw Mami sitting on the bed looking at nothing in particular.

Arnav - Mami....

Manorama looked at him and wiped her tears - Arnav Bitwa.... When did you come ?

Arnav - Just now Mami. Aren't you both coming out to have dinner ?

Manorama - I am not hungry Bitwa. You go and eat.

Arnav sighed and sat beside her - Mami.... Nothing will get better if you keep on doing your hunger strike like this. Instead, you will spoil your health.

Mami wiped the fresh tears that were coming out of her eyes - I am the reason for all this misery happening in this home. I am the reason that Vansh is suffering today. He was not at all interested, I only pestered him to get married. Even on the day of marriage, I only pestered him to get married with Sheetal. I have destroyed his life with my own hands.

Arnav - That's totally true.

Manorama looked at him stunned. Even though she accepted, she felt bad hearing Arnav pointing at her.

Arnav - You made a mistake and it punished all of us badly and Vansh has gone through so much. But Mami, don't you think if you have done a mistake then you need to do something to rectify that also. Your son is going through a bad phase of his life, don't you think that you should stand beside him as a pillar of support. Hiding yourselves in the confines of your room will do no good. You need to be with Vansh now. You need to help him get out of all this mess.

Manorama looked at him as he heard her words.

Arnav - We are humans Mami and we are ought to make mistakes. But we will get better in life only when we try to learn and not repeat that. First let's file for divorce and get that. Later we will think about what we can do.....