Interlude

Rathna Singh Raizada..... Ah, nothing could compare the ethereal beauty she was. She was an angel inside out. She was not an ordinary girl, She was a damn ambitious woman.

But those days woman rarely got a chance to achieve their dreams. Only dream they were allowed to see was to get married and give birth to the heir of the family. And Rathna's parents too wanted the same for her and hurriedly started looking for an alliance. Rathna has pleaded to her father to give her sometime.... Only had he heard her.....

Hurriedly he fixed her marrige with a boy without even enquiring about anything properly. Though Rathna never wanted marriage, she agreed for her parents sake. Engagement was done, Haldi, Mehendi everything was done and she was sitting in the altar with him when suddenly out of nowhere police barged in and pulled him in some sort of case.

Everyone was shocked and cursed her bad luck. Rathna was devastated with everyone's pity glance and words. She was forced to keep herself inside the room so that nobody could hurt her in any possible way.

That was when the storm hit her badly in the name of Arvind Malik.

Shourya and Subhadra Malik, the royal family of Lucknow stepped in their door step asking for Rathna's hands for their son. Devyani and her husband were shocked at this unexpected proposal.

In a hurry to get rid of every misery, without thinking further they accepted the proposal.

Rathna was again forced to accept this proposal. How much can a girl fight the battle alone ? She had no option than to bend before her parents.

She got married to Arvind Malik and entered Sheeshmahal as the rightful Daughter-in-law of that house.

At the beginning everything was fine.... Newly married life, a Husband who showers his wife with all the love, is what Rathna thought. Three years passed after her marriage.

Their true intentions started to show up slowly when she didn't give them their heir. Arvind Malik had no feelings for Rathna and lusted over other women bedding with them. She was brought into this house just as a trophy wife. She doubted why they got her married to Arvind, and that too got cleared when she came to know that, he married her only because she was beautiful. She was brought into that home only for their heir.

She went numb when the harsh reality slapped on her face. When she revealed everything to the Malik family, no one took it seriously and shrugged it off as if nothing matters to them. It seemed as if her life was a joke to them.

But Rathna was not a woman to sit and cry over her husband. She decided to leave them and that's when a shocker came into her life with her pregnancy news. She was pregnant with her first child and not new news to say that the Malik family was over the moon with that. Raizada family came and advised her to adjust and in future Arvind will change.

Left out with no other choice, Rathna kept quiet. She never wanted that Baby who would make her remember of her unloyal husband. But there too she failed as Malik's kept her locked up in the room. Arvind never treated her as a human being as she insulted him in front of everyone.

He abused her and Ill treated her. Slowly as months passed Rathna started loving the child growing inside her womb. She talked to him, cried in front of him, and got happy when he started moving in her womb.

And ending her wait, her son was born giving all the happiness she needed in life. Her world started to revolve around him. She lovingly named him as Arnav, her chote.....