Chapter 39

Reaching the hospital he lifted her in his arms again and shouted for the doctor.

Doctors and nurses ran towards him hearing his shout.

Arnav - D... Doctor.... Kushi not getting up.....

He managed to say as a sentence making it clear to the Doctor that Kushi is unconscious. The doctor immediately shifted her to the emergency ward. The first thing she did was to change Kushi's wet clothes into a hospital gown.

Arnav on the other side failed to realise his body was getting cold with his wet clothes.

Doctors came out - Mr....

Arnav - It's Arnav. How's Kushi now ? Has she woke up ?

Doctor - Seems like she got drenched for long time in rain. We need to do some tests to see whether she got some infection due to that. For now we will give saline to her.... She's unconscious. We'll shift her to ward and you can stay with her.

Soon Kushi was taken to her personal ward. Arnav sat beside her on the chair and touched her cheeks only to hiss sensing her burning skin. His eyes poured tears continuously.

He felt going through the same feelings again when he saw his mother fighting for her life in the hospital.

Arnav - Don't do this to me Kushi. Please wake up....

Burying his face in her neck he pleaded her to wake up. Hearing a door opening sound he raised immediately and wiped his tears.

Nurse came in - Sir, Doctor has prescribed saline to her. Can you please get it ?

He stood up immediately - Yeah, of course.

He checked his pocket only to realise that he didn't bring his phone and wallet with him. Sighing he went to his car and took out his credit card that he always keeps in his car for emergency purposes and purchased medicine for her.

Nurse came and attached saline in her delicate palms.

Nurse - She'll be unconscious for now sir. We have given her sedatives.

Arnav thought for a moment - Nurse, can you please be with her ? I'll go home and come back in a few minutes.

Nurse - Be quick sir. Else Doctor will scold me.

Arnav - Thanks for your help. And don't worry, I will come back soon.

He ran out and drove towards his home. Changing his dress quickly, he took out his wallet, Phone and his charger. He searched for Kushi's phone but didn't find it. Not wanting to waste time he drove back to the hospital again.

Nurse was checking her saline when he came back.

Arnav - Thanks for your help Mam.

Nurse smiled - It's ok sir.

Putting his mobile on charge he switched it on.

As soon as his mobile got on, he got a call from Aman.

He answered the call - Aman....

Aman who sensed his shaking voice - Arnie are you ok ?

As he heard the question tears flew from his eyes - Aman.... Woh.....

Aman sensed that he is crying - Arnie are you crying ? What the hell ? What happened and why are you crying ? Kushi.... Where is she ? Give the phone to her.....

Arnav wiped his tears - Kushi... Hospital mein.... She.....

He stammered not able to form a proper sentence.