40"

Anala had deciding to probe Sirius a little bit further next time she saw him into who her mother actually was

Anala had deciding to probe Sirius a little bit further next time she saw him into who her mother actually was. she'd noticed from the way his smile dropped and his face paled that he knew more information than he perhaps let on.

For the time being she was sat in defence against the dark arts. This year the Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors had been group together and therefore Anala, susan and Hannah was sharing a Class room with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Since last summer Anala hadn't properly listened to anything that anyone had said to her, never mind listening in her lessons.

while she scribbled on her parchment infront of her, Susan and Hannah shared knowing and stressed looks as Harry Potter was arguing with the new defence against the dark arts professor, Dolores Umbridge.

"...there is nothing out there, dear who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourself ?"

"oh, i don't know" Harry continued to argue back, "maybe lord voldemort!"

Anala's ears pricked up and her head snapped up while the rest of the class mumbled in shock.

Their heads spun around as the screech of Anala's chair scraped against the stone floor, finding her stood up and gathering up her things.

"Miss Black, is it?" Umbridge asked giving her a sickly sweet smile, "is there a problem"

Anala didn't say anything and continued to pack up her belongings into her bag.

"Miss Black, I insist this very second you retake your seat!"

Turning on her heels Anala headed for the door while Harry potter continued to argue meanwhile.

"now let me make this quite plain. you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. this is a lie"

"its not a lie! I saw him, I fought him!" Harry snapped

"detention, Mr Potter!" she screeched

"so according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?" Harry pressed angrily

Anala felt her blood boil, it rushing through her veins. She almost felt like she could feel it through her skin, like a thousand burning pinpricks stabbing her from the inside out. 

The classroom door slammed shut behind her.

"that's a Detention for you too Miss Black!" she heard Umbridge screech once again from the classroom and she walked down the hall back towards the hufflepuff common.

Anala was done but it seemed harry was not.

"cedric Diggorys death was a tragic accident" The professor stressed

"it was murder, voldemort killed him! you must know that!"

"enough!"

"Miss Black, what do you seem to be doing out of lessons"

Anala looked up to find Professor Dumbledore looking at her curiously.

she panicked, and started to profusely apologise, "i'm so sorry professor, i just needed a moment outside, i was planning on asking if I could catch up-"

"Do not fret" Dumbledore interjected, "why don't you follow me and we can have a chat in my office"

Anala was confused, Dumbledore had never really shown an interest in her before, she'd never even had a meeting with a professor, she wondered why now. At the time of Cedric's Passing she didn't even have a meeting with the headmaster.

Professor Dumbledore's office was like nothing she had ever seen before. A spiral staircase led to the main office where the walls were covered in the portraits of all the past headmasters, either having a mid day snooze or off somewhere supposedly important, for a painting anyways, Anala thought.

"Take a seat Miss Black" he said gesturing to the plush chair opposite his desk. she was reluctant to sit down, still gazing at all the trinkets scattered around the room, "sherbet lemon?"

Anala smiled politely and as naturally as she could, "thank you". They were delicious

"How are you feeling? After Cedric's passing" Dumbledore asked gentle, searching her eyes deeply

"okay" Anala managed to force out, she didn't particularly want to pour her heart and soul out in front of the headmaster, "I have been coping as best as I can possible I suppose" she said moving the lemon sherbet from one side of the mouth to the other.

Dumbledore just nodded, "and how are you coping being back at Hogwarts?"

"I'm not sure" she replied truthfully, "sometimes it's nice, a distraction, but then I hear people gossiping and staring which makes me uncomfortable and it brings back memories, you know, being back at Hogwarts"

Dumbledore hummed to acknowledge he had heard her, he was thinking hard, almost analysing Anala.

"do you perhaps feel that other aspects of your life is being impacted?"

"Sorry, like what sir?"

"what about your school subjects, your personal friendships and how you get on with people. Are you able to talk about this to your friends and discuss your feelings. I imagine you feel a lot of resentment?"

"Voldemort Killed him, he murdered him. Isn't it a given I hold anger and resentment"

"yes, it is Miss Black, you are quite right"

Anala looked down at her shoes, tapping them together.

"thank you for your time Miss Black, if it is alright with you i would like us to have weekly meeting, to perhaps talk about your progress on this issue. I shall try and schedule one every week, however, I do have some pressing matters with the ministry so my time at Hogwarts may become limited"

Anala just nodded, "yes professor, that's fine, thank you for the time"

By the time Anala had left the office and found herself out into the hall, the lesson had finished and the corridors had started to fill up again.

"There you are!" Hannah exclaimed as her and Susan pushed their way to Anala

"I left a short while after you saying i needed to use the lavatories to come and see if you was alright but i couldn't find you anywhere" Susan said, "where have you been"

"I had a meeting with Dumbledore"

"what on earth about?"

"I don't really know myself"