12"

Cedric had managed to have a word with madam Hootch about the rematch but he was in no luck

Cedric had managed to have a word with madam Hootch about the rematch but he was in no luck. The Gryffindors, though gutted they lost, had admitted themselves that Hufflepuff had won fair and square.

It was the first Defence Against the Arts lesson since Professor Lupin was back and the class was telling him of everything Snape had said last lesson.

Professor Lupin looked as if he'd been ill, Anala assumed it had been the full moon recently. His old robes were hanging off his tail body and there were dark shadows underneath his eyes. Still, he smiled at the class as usual.

"We don't know anything about werewolves-"

"-two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you all tell Professor Snape that we haven't studied Werewolves yet?" He asked frowning

The chorus of voices bubbled up again

"Yes, but he said we were really behind-"

"-He wouldn't listen-"

"Don't worry" Professor Lupin smiled gently, "I'll speak to Professor Snape and you don't have to do the essay"

The class had an enjoyable and interesting lesson all on Hinkypunks. Lupin had brought one in to show the class. It sat in a class tank.

When the bell rung the rest of the class filtered out but Anala lingered behind.

From the right of her Harry Potter also looked as if he wanted to ask the professor something.

Deciding she didn't want to eavesdrop she took her things and stood outside the classroom waiting for Harry to finish talking to Professor Lupin.

She'd waited a few minutes until Harry had emerged from the room.

"Eavesdropping?" He asked irritably as he scowled at her

Anala only rolled her eyes, knocking on the door.

"Come in!"

She pushed open the door finding Professor Lupin packing up his things.

"Ah, Miss Black, how may I help you?" He asked

"Well" Anala started, "I wanted to come and ask you about Hogsmeade actually" she said as Lupin looked at her with an amused smiled, "I was just wondering if you'd give me permission to go, everyone else gets to go and it is very boring being here alone and I was just wondering if you'd convince Professor Sprout to-"

Remus chucked deeply, "you know I cannot do that Miss Black"

Anala sighed in defeat

"It is for your own safety, orders from Dumbledore himself"

"But what's Sirius Black actually going to do? Kidnap me while I'm looking at the shelves of fizzing whizz eyes in honeydukes?" She asked with an unimpressed face

Professor Lupin tensed a little bit of the mention of the name but forced a smile.

"You never know" he smiled sadly, "though I could never of imagined him harming a child, I find myself unable to predict his current state"

"You knew him?" Anala asked noticing Lupin's far away look

"I did" he nodded, "we were friends at school, here in Hogwarts"

"So you knew my father then, Regulus Black?" Anala asked excitedly

"I did" he nodded again, "not as well as Sirius, but I knew him"

"I don't know much about him" Anala sighed sitting herself onto one of the desks while Lupin leaned against his desk, folding his arms, "what was he like? Was he nice? Who was he friends with? What did he like? Do I look like him? If you knew him does that mean you knew my mother?!"

Professor Lupin laughed lightly shaking his head.

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you much about your Father. He was a Slytherin, a year below Sirius and I in school. If I remember correctly he played as Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team, he was fairly good if my memory serves me well. We never did converse, but I remember seeing him with a handful of Slytherins, Crouch, mulciber, I'm sure you've heard of their families"

Anala nodded trying to stop herself from flinching, the names were some of Voldemort's greatest followers during the war.

"And... and he was a death eater as well?"

Professor Lupin hesitated for a while, "I'm sorry Miss Black, I must head off"

"No! Wait I'm sorry Professor" she hurried making Lupin nod and settle back down, "what about my mother? Did you know her?"

"I did, she was in my year in fact. Slytherin as well, I'm sure you know"

"What was her name? I know she was a pure blood but that's all I know of" Anala asked eagerly, "my Aunt Andromeda won't tell me about her, says I'm not old enough"

"Your Aunt is right" Lupin agreed, "I'm afraid I do not know much about your mother" he lied

"Am I much like her?" She asked hopefully

"Yes, Your mother did used to be kind, much like you" he sighed "but for now I believe you should push the thought out of your mind"

Anala nodded in defeat, she had no idea how she'd be able to push the thought of her dead mother out of her head but carried on as if nothing bothered her.

"Thank you Professor" she said, "for this chat. And... I wanted to see if you were okay? Y'know... after the full moon" she whispered

"I'm fine, thank you for asking Miss Black" he smiled tiredly

"Okay, er- I'll see you next lesson then Professor"

"See you next lesson Miss Black" he nodded picking up his briefcase and walking out of the classroom leaving Anala to sit with her thoughts.