21"

Anala hated not knowing what had happened

Where was Sirius?

Was he well?

How did he get away?

She had too many unanswered questions that seemed to swim in her brain, all consuming and immersing.

"Miss Black I hope for your sake that you are paying attention" Professor Snape drawled from the front of the potions classroom.

Anala jumped a little bit making the vials rattle on the table as everyone looked at her and snickered.
She bowed her head, trying to avoid their gazes.

It was only a few weeks until the end of the school year and her attention span was rapidly dwindling.

"Your marks so far in potions have been more than disgraceful, I suggest you need to pay attention in the future" he sneered, going back to his monotonous drawl as he lectured the class.

The hour seemed to drag and Anala had never been so glad to run out of that classroom.

"What's the rush?" Susan asked, watching Anala shove everything carelessly into her satchel

"There's some people I need to speak to. I'll see you in the common room after?"

"Sure"

There was one person that Anala was sure of knew of what happened to Sirius, he always did find himself submerged within all the school drama

"Hey Potter!" She shouted, running down the corridor, being pushed by older students

Harry Potter spun around on the spot, looking around wildly for the voice that had hollered him.

Anala was silently relieved he was alone.

Harry was mostly always surrounded by Hermione and Ron or atleast one of the Weasleys. She found herself greatful that she didn't have to ask infront of an audience.

"Black" Harry nodded politely, slightly awkward. He had accused her of trying to help a mass murder after all.

"I- need to- ask you something" Anala gasped from running down the corridor, "it's about Sirius"

"Sirius?" Harry questioned his eyes widening

"Yeah. I just though you might know what happened to him"

"Keep your voice down!" Harry shushed, looking  around frantically

"Oh relax" Anala rolled her eyes, "no one heard"

"Yeah well - wait- how did you know Sirius escaped?"

"Oh er..." Anala drifted off, "I brought him supplies while he was in the shack"

"You know him? You've spoke to him?" Harry asked, his eyes seemingly expanding even more

"Erm yes" Anala glanced to the side, as if Harry was stupid, hadn't she just said that? "Where is he? What happened?"

"He went after Pettigrew" Harry whispered grimly

"Pettigrew?!" Anala exclaimed, "what happened? Is he dead? Did Sirius get him?"

Harry shook his head solemnly, "he got away. The dementors came for Sirius. But it's okay now. He's gotten away on buckbeak. They're flying into the mountains and going into hiding"

"So he's safe?" Anala asked searching Harry's face

"He's safe" Harry confirmed

Anala felt stupid as a genuine smile pulled onto her face.

She knew Sirius wasn't her father, but he was the closet thing to Regulus Black.

Perhaps they were similar, perhaps they weren't.

But Anala didn't want to loose another family member.

Not that she ever met her parents, but the hole still felt empty.

"Thank you. For saving him" she smiled tightly

"He's innocent" Harry shrugged, "oh and I wanted to erm... apologise. For you know... acusing you of, y'know helping Black"

"It's fine" Anala waved off, giving a sigh, "water under the bridge"

As Anala met Susan in the common room the two girls scribbled down their homework, Anala writing to Sirius.

Dear Padfoot,

I hope padfoots okay to call you, I didn't want to call you by your name.
Anyway, I'm sorry if I shouldn't of written, I just wanted to hear from you.

Harry has told me everything and that you're on the run, please write back whenever you can just so i know you're safe.

Yours
A.A.B

P.s thank you for being such a good friend and uncle this entire year, I hope to see and hear from you soon

Setting the Owl free Anala watched it beat its wings until it's body carried off into the distance, over the mountains and lake.

"So I was thinking-" Cedric said as he watched Anala finish her book, her reading glasses placed on her nose "- that you could stay at mine for a little bit over the summer? If that's okay with you and everything? Mum wants to properly meet you" he said, his ears turning a little pink.

"Yeah, I'd like that" Anala smiled, closing her book to look at Cedric, "I'm sure my Auntie dromeda will let me"

"Okay, perfect" Cedric smiled back, letting Anala finish her defence against the dark arts book, the chapter on Patronous'.

So far she'd been really enjoying the book, it was all interesting, but the chapter about Patronous' had really caught her attention.

She was so desperate to find out what hers was. It was all so interesting and she loved the thought. They seemed pretty.And magical.
Of course they were magical. She was a witch for god sake. But magical, even so.

As she turned the page she decided that she would start learning to produce one next year. They were supposed to be hard but she supposed that she had time to research the charm over the summer.

"Finally" Susan smiled as Anala sat down next to her for breakfast the next moring, "I was wondering where you were. Oh! By the way, post came. You've got a letter"

Anala thanked her, taking the letter and tearing it open.

Dear Anala,
It's nice to hear from you. I'm currently still on the run, not staying anywhere for too long and constantly moving. I shall try and write to you as often as possible , though I don't think I'll be able to as much as I'd like. Thank you for everything you've done for me while at Hogwarts, I appreciate it more than you know. Send my greetings to Andromeda, Ted and Nymphadora.

Sincerely, Padfoot

———————————————————————————
A/N

I'm so excited for Anala plot. Like I can't wait to write the later years.
Third year kinda dragged but I think next year and the years after will be a lot more exciting