36"

"Come on!" Anala sounded banging on the bathroom door, "Hannah we're going to be late!"

"Calm down, I'm ready, we're not going to miss it"

Anala, Hannah and Susan all ran down the castle grounds to where the last task was taking place, their scarves flowing in the wind behind them.

"See, we've made it" Hannah panted, doubling over

"Anala, you go and find Cedric and tell him we say goodluck, Hannah and I will go and find a place to sit"

Anala nodded and watched her friends disappear into the mass of people all dressed in yellow and black.

She walked down to the front of the steps and into the room under the stands where all the champions were waiting.
She spotted Cedric with his dad.

"Hello mr Diggory, lovely to see you again" she smiled politely as they gave each other a welcoming hug

"It's lovely to see you Anala, it has been awhile since I saw you last" he smiled looking to Cedric and Anala

Cedric laughed and put his arm around Anala's shoulder making his dad smirk, "oh enough dad" he laughed

"I'll leave you two to it" Amos said, "I think I'll take my seat in the crowd" he turned to Cedric, " I'm so proud of you son, you've won this already" and gave him a pat on the back

"Thanks dad" Cedric replied as his dad walked off to find a seat

Anala smiled to Cedric weakly, "please be careful Ced"

"I will be Anala, but I'm going to try by best. I'm not going to hold back"

"Good, I don't expect you too. You've got this, I know you have. Go out and win this competition, yes?"

"Yes"

Anala stood on her tiptoes to give Cedric a kiss on the cheek before giving him a last hug and rushing off to find her seat, Cedric watching her go with a gentle smile on his face.

"Are you alright?" Susan asked, giving Anala's hand a squeeze in reassurance

"I think so" Anala replied, "Cedric has got this"

The students around them had a starkly different mood, they were cheering and clapping along to the music, chatting in excitement. Those close to the champions were quiet and worried. The ladies from beauxbatons were dancing in the stand to the music of the band and the teachers were all gathered around on the grass before the towering maze that stood before them all.

Anala's eyes never strayed as Cedric walked out from the stands and stood before them all, all of Hufflepuff chanting his name.

"Silence! Earlier today, Professor moody placed the triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr Diggory-" the crowd erupted with cheers at the sound of his name, Cedric smiling with his arm thrusted up in the air by his father "- and mr potter, are tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner! I have instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather around! Champions, prepare yourselves!"