18"

The Christmas holidays had passed quickly for Anala in a flurry of twinkling lights, cookies, stockings, laughter and chatter

As she sat in the great hall at the Hufflepuff table, her thoughts wondered to Sirius. She made a mental note to visit him later on in the evening to see if he was okay and have a chat. She'd honestly missed their chats and could tell Sirius enjoyed company. The stories he'd told her about Azkaban Anala could only begin to fathom how horrible it all was.

The dementors that crawled across the grounds made her feel terrible, never mind them patrolling past you every second of the day for years. Sirius sometimes struggled with interacting with the younger girl, but Anala was always patient with Sirius and made sure to try and help him through his ticks and quirks that he'd seemed to require while at Azkaban.

"Is anything going on in there or are you just going to keep staring at the carrots?" Susan laughed tapping Anala's head and snapping her out of her daydream.

Hannah, next to Susan, let out a little chuckle.

Though Anala and Hannah had apologised and forgiven each other, things were still a little off with their friendship. Hannah was usually a good friend to Anala and so she didn't want a little argument to come inbetween them but the two girls were never as close friends as they were with Susan.

"Yeah, I'm good, sorry" Anala smiled blinking a few times, "so, how was your Christmas's?" She asked

"Mine was good" Susan smiled, "we went to go and see a big light switch on and went carolling"

"What about you Han?" Anala asked politely

"Mine was good, my family and I went away to the lake district for a bit, it's beautiful there. You?"

"I spent it with my Aunt, uncle and Nymp. Y'know, the usual Christmas things. I also met up with Cedric which was fun"

"I bet it was fun" Hannah smirked making Susan swat her

"Ow!"

"I heard my name" Cedric called from up the table, sitting with Justin Finchley and Ernie Macmillan and peering down at the girls

"Good going" Susan hissed to Hannah

"I was just talking about your Christmas gift to me" Anala smoothed over, pulling out the golden reading glasses from her robe pocket and handing them to the girls to inspect.

Cedric smiled happily, glad that Anala liked them and wanted to show her friends them.

"Merlin Nala. These are gorgeous" Susan gasped as she ran her fingers over the floral carvings.

"Yeah, they must've cost a fortune" Hannah hummed

"C.D" Susan smiled knowingly, "he put his initials on them?"

"Oh no" Anala waved, "it was a mistake"

"Trust me, it wasn't" Hannah agreed

"No, he said so" Anala pushed

"For someone so smart you're so stupid sometimes" Susan shook her head in amusement, "he'a definitely out his initials on there on purpose"

"How are you so sure?"

"He fancies you Nala!" Susan exclaimed

"No, he doesn't. We're just friends" Anala argued

"Oh for god sake" Hannah sighed, "how many of his other friends did he buy gold, engraved expensive reading glasses for"

"Well-"

"-no one" Susan finished, "he likes you, he's just to scared to do anything about it because he doesn't know what you feel towards him"

"What do you feel towards him?" Hannah whispered, lowering her voice so the surrounding Hufflepuffs around them were unable to hear their conversation

Anala only shrugged, "I don't know, it's all so confusing. He's always so polite and charming and sweet and funny... but... I don't know!" She sighed running her hands through her hair

"So In conclusion, you fancy him" Hannah stated

"Yes? No? Ugh maybe?" Anala tried, "I'm just confused you know. He's been a great friend ever since I get here and- Urg I don't know"

"So you say" Susan smiled, "just take your time. It'll all work out eventually" she comforted placing a hand on Anala's shoulder.