16"

The Christmas holidays had come around quickly and Hogwarts was decorated perfectly with all sorts of glittering ornaments

Looking closely at the Christmas Tree in the great hall you could see that it was lit up with thousands of real life fairy's, shining in the dark.

Hannah had apologised to Anala, admitting that she had perhaps overreacted and it was unfair of her to suggest that Susan preferred Anala over her. Anala also apologised, telling Hannah that she would do more to make her feel like she cared and that she would listen to her more often.

No one was more happy that the two girls had made up more than Susan. She'd spend the whole of two days trying to make Hannah apologise.

The three girls sat in their compartment on the train, their trunks hoisted up onto the luggage rack, curtesy of Cedric, while they chatted.

The train ride was filled with laughed and chatting while they ate the Christmas themed sweets from the trolly.

Before leaving Anala had visited Sirius at the shrieking shack and brought him enough supplies for him to last Christmas. The longer she kept Sirius' secret, the more scared she became. She couldn't help but think about how angry all the Professors would be when they find out that she'd been helping him all these months. Still, she liked Sirius. He was refreshing to talk to and he made her laugh. It was almost like talking to her dad in a strange way. She knew that she shouldn't compare them, and by the sounds of it they were very different, but it was nice.

As the Hogwarts Express pulled into the station huddles of families came into view, all waving frantically with large smiles on their faces.

Anala waved through the window as she saw Tonks' head of pink hair flit past the window.

Running out, her trunk lugging behind her, Anala was embraced tightly by Andromeda.

"Anala sweetheart" she smiled wrapping her arms around the girl she saw as her own, "I'm so glad you're home"

As soon as Anala was let go by her aunt, her uncle Ted as pulled her into his side ruffling her hair, "there she is!" He exclaimed happily

"Get off" Anala whined trying to pull out of his grasp and fix her hair

"Nala!" Nymphadora smiled pulling the younger girl into a quick hug, "thank goodness you're back, it's been so boring around here recently" she whispered looking to Andomeda and Ted.

The Tonks' household was beautiful. Small and worn, but cosy and homey. Anala was glad to be sat upon the sofa next to Nymphadora, sipping hot chocolate while chatting as the Christmas tree sparkled beside them. Ted had decided that they all needed to have a game of chess as it was tradition on New Year's Eve.

"How's the Auror training going them Nymph" Anala asked as she swirled the hot chocolate around in her mug, "you're nearly done aren't you?"

"You're so lucky you're the only one who gets to call me that" Tonks laughed, "but yeah, we're nearly done. Moodys always on my case about constant vigilance and all that" she snorted slightly making her chocolate splash over the rim of her mug.

"My big sisters now a badass Auror and everything" Anala smirked nudging Nymphadora with her elbow

Tonks laughed heartedly making her hair change to a beautiful lilac.

"So how's school at the minute?" Tonks asked tentatively, trying to steer clear of the topic of Sirius Black

"Yeah, pretty good actually" she replied, finishing off her hot chocolate

"Really?!" Tonks asked surprised

"Yeah, just the usual, classes and things. Though I wish I could go to Hogsmeade" she sighed

"Right then!" Ted called walking into the room, "who's ready to be absolutely thrashed in chess?"

"Ted dear, I think you're getting a little bit too excited" Andromeda laughed, following after him and placing a loving hand on his arm

"Nonsense Andy" he waved off happily setting the board up, "this is our annual chess competition, it's a big deal!"

"If you say so"