13"

The days had passed quickly and Christmas break was creeping up on everyone swiftly

Anala waved goodbye to Hannah and Susan as they made their way out of the castle for the second Hogsmeade trip of the year.

Cedrics friends had to practically drag him out of the castle.

Just because Anala wasn't allowed to go didn't mean that Cedric had to miss out on the fun. She obviously appreciated him wanting to stay and keep her company but didn't want him missing out with his friends.

Walking back through the courtyard in the snow up to the castle she could of sworn she'd bumped into something walking through the corridors. She looked around confused, trying to identify whatever she'd bumped into. Deciding that it was nothing she shrugged and wiped her eyes.

"Merlin I'm going insane" she said shaking her head

From the Hufflepuff common room she watched the snow flutter down softly and settle on the ground.

Finishing off her letter to Andromeda, Ted and Nymphadora about Christmas she decided she'd had enough of being trapped in the stupid castle.

Rushing up to her dorm, hoping no one walked into the common room and asked her where she was going, she pulled on her hat, scarves and gloves and layered her jumpers, insulating herself from the biting air.

Glancing around a few times she snuck out of the castle, breaking out into a little jog and out onto the grounds.

It was nice, relaxing, inhaling the cold air. She'd been stuck in that castle for months and it was a relief to breathe the fresh air.

Anala walked around the edge of the forbidden forest, careful to not get too near of it. She was too scared of the things that lingered in there and absolutely would not dare to even set a foot inside of it.

Her nose had turned pink from the cold air while she rubbed her hands together to stimulate some warmth.
The fresh snow crunched under her boots leaving prints behind her.

Zoning out she thought of all the homework she needed to complete, staring down at the floor and the fresh untouched snow, that was until it was no longer untouched.

From the forest a train of animal prints lead away into the distance.

Furrowing her eyebrows Anala dropped to her knees in the snow, inspecting the prints.

"Dog prints?" She asked herself tracing them with her finger.
Standing back up she looked around curiously.

It was a strange place for a dog to be, the Hogwarts grounds.

"Perhaps it's a stray" she assumed, "or it could of escaped from a house in Hogsmeade"

Anala took a few minutes to herself to think.

The dog was probably freezing in the snow and if it was a stray it was probably also starving. She didn't want the animal to die or be hurt.

Deciding it best to try and find the dog she started to follow the paw prints.

Anala followed them all the way up to near the castle.

Her eyes trailed the markings until she came a few metres away from the whomping willow. Lingering back a bit she looked at the tree in confusion; it wasn't moving.

Suddenly, a black head belonging to the dog, appeared around the corner of the tree.

Anala sighed in relief noticing that the dog didn't seem to be injured in anyway, cold and terribly thin, but not injured.

The dog cautiously padded over, it's snout in the air and sniffing.

Anala hesitantly held her hand out, dropping to her knees.

The dog inched closer as Anala held her breath and placed a hand on the Dogs snout.

Letting out a breath of relief she smiled, stroking the dog softly.

"What're you doing here?" She asked patting it's head, "Merlin, you must be freezing, I'm freezing and I'm wearing clothes- well it'd be a bit weird if I wasn't wearing clothes but-"

The dog seemed to look at her in amusement, tilting its head to the side.

Slowly the dog turned away from her and started trotting away. It'd gotten a few metres away before it came to a stop and looked at her expectantly.

Anala scrunched her nose in confusion, wiping her legs down of snow and walking towards the Dog.

It seemed as if it wanted her to follow.

Hesitantly shuffling through the frozen, still branches of the tree she watched the Dog disappear out of site.

Anala leaned over, peering down the dark tunnel.

She took a deep breath trying to control her neves, there was nothing to be scared of, it was only the dark and a dog, nothing to be scared of.

The tunnel was cold and dark and Anala kept on tripping over tree roots and rocks, dragging her hands on the side of the dirty walls for better balance.

In the distance, a small light started to appear.

Practically falling out of the other side of the tunnel she sheltered her eyes from the light, it being a sudden change form the pitch blackness of the tunnel. Lowering her hand she scanned her surroundings, noticing she was in a house. If it could even be called a house? More like a shack. It was run down and cold inside.

She didn't have much longer to look around when she was met with blood shot eyes.

Anala let out a scream, stumbling backwards, her back hitting the walls.

She shakily, pulled her wand from her robes, pointing it towards the man.

"L-let me go" she whispered in fear, "and I won't tell anyone you're here"

The man just laughed hysterically from the corner

"P-please" she shivered in fear, "I promise I won't tell"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Sirius bæ long time no see