1"

Prologue

Prologue

A knock on the door awoke Andromeda Tonks.

Grabbing her wand she crept downstairs and into the sitting room.

"Who's there?!" She demanded from behind the door, "identify yourself!"

"I am here on the orders of Zenevieva Gaunt" the voice called back

Andromeda frowned, she'd heard that the Gaunt woman was due to be engaged towards her cousin Regulus. News had recently surfaced of Regulus' passing and was therefore confused as to what her business was.

"What is it?" She called, "what does she want?"

"It's a child ma'am" a voice called from the others side of the door

Tentatively Andromeda unlocked the door, peering out.

Sure enough there stood a burly wizard with a white bundle in his arms.

Opening the door a little more she shuffled out into the night, craning her neck to study the child.

It slept soundly wrapped up in white blankets, tufts of chestnut hair poking from underneath the layers of material.

Andromeda held her arms out as the man offered her the child.

"Anala Ara Black" the man announced looking at the child

"Black?" Andromeda asked looking from the baby to the man who nodded

"She's Regulus''"

The man nodded once again

"My lady wanted her to be with her closest relatives for the time being" he informed, "she'll be back to collect the child shortly"

Andromeda looked down at the baby that looked nothing like Regulus nor the girl she'd seen at Pure blood balls.

She nodded slowly, "and she'll be back shortly?"

"Yes ma'am"

With one last nod she closed the door on the man, the baby in her arms.

With a crack she heard the man apparate away.

Andromeda waited hours into the night, Zenevieva Gaunt never did return for Anala.