39"

Being back at Hogwarts was bittersweet for Anala

Being back at Hogwarts was bittersweet for Anala. classes were soon to resume and she was surrounded my friends but there was harsh reminders everywhere she looked that reminded her of cedric. people would stare as she walked past.

Anala, Susan and Hannah all helped themselves to the food in front of them.

Susan and hannah gave each other a knowing look, glancing at Anala who had hardly been eating anything over the summer.

she looked skinnier and frail.

Anala couldn't help but look over to cedric's friends, where he'd sit at the table. It was strange seeing them all there and not seeing Cedric.

She felt a twinge in her heart.

Though most of Hogwarts seemed to resume as normal. Looking across the hall, Anala spotted Harry Potter who had a specific look on his face. Anala couldn't tell if it was annoyance or sadness.

Professor Dumbledore had interrupted her thoughts just in time.

"Good evening children. Now we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back professor Grubby-Plank, who will be taking care of magical creatures, while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new defence against the dark arts teacher,Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in. Wishing the professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr filch, has asked me to remind you-"

The girls looked to each other in confusion as Professor umbridge interrupted Dumbledore and stood up out of her seat. " Thank you Professor for those kind words of welcome, and how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we are all going to be very good friends. The ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance.Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress, for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practises that ought to be prohibited".

"I don't like the sound of her" Hannah leaned over to whisper to Anala and Susan

"I agree"Anala nodded

"The way she interrupted Dumbledore like that is sure to be frowned upon by the other professors" Susan added, "what did she mean by it all?"

"She's saying that the Ministry is interfering with Hogwarts" Anala answered, "more power and influence"

The girls gave each other concerned looked and turned back to the front of the hall

"Thank you Professor Umbridge. That really was the most illuminating..."

Anala, Hannah and Susan were all sat in the common room. Anala was sat in her own thoughts, it was hard to pull her out of them.

If she'd taken the time to look around the room she'd see that most students gossiped over the copy of the daily prophet, with the title, plotter? Below it, a picture of Harry at his hearing at the Ministry.

It made Anala so angry. So angry that people believed Cedric had just dropped head. Her boyfriend had just died. He was murdered, murdered by Lord Voldemort and no one would listen.

Abruptly standing up she walked up to her dorm room,  suddenly overwhelmed.

Susan and Hannah looked to each other sadly, they knew better than to follow Anala now. She liked to be alone.

She collapsed on her bed, staring to the ceiling and felt her tears pricking in her eyes. She wiped them violently away, angry at herself for crying. Her aunt had told her it was okay and normal to cry but she felt so stupid. She wished it never happened.

Swinging her legs off her bed, she sat on the edge, tiptoes on the floor with her head in her hands.

Pulling out her trunk from under her bed, she opened it and pulled out the pocket knife from a zip compartment inside.

She held it in her hands, tracing the carvings on one side of the blade. Anala had her mother, in her mind, her aunt was the closest thing she had to a mother, Ted was her father and Tonks her sister. But she wondered. She'd lost someone who she cared for deeply, what if, what if her mum was still out there somewhere. She could have had a reason she didn't come back for her, she might have been in trouble.

Who was Z.G.