9"

Susan and Hannah had practically fell through the door to their dormitory, smiling and laughing, their arms full

They dumped the pile of objects down on Anala bed as she looked up to them.
A shower of brilliantly coloured sweets fell into her lap and across her bed sheets.

The two girls hair was wild and their faces flushed with a wide grin, an indicate of how much fun they'd had while visiting the little village.

"Thanks" she smiled picking up a strange looking packet of sweets, "did you have fun?"

"Oh! It was amazing!" Hannah sighed happily, "honeydukes is amazing! The sweets are so good! And Zonkos! It's so cool. There was the three broom sticks as well, the butter beer was so good. It was the best day. Oh! And- ow"

Susan had elbowed her roughly in the side, "it wasn't that good, promise" she smiled sweetly, "it would of been so much better if you'd of come with us obviously. It was sort of boring without you" she said shooting Hannah a look as if to say, shut up.

"Oh yeah, it wasn't good at all" Hannah nodded, "terribly actually"

Susan winced at the terrible salvation before flopping down onto her bed, "What did you get up to then?"

"Nothing much" Anala shrugged, " just played some Quidditch with Cedric, I had a nice afternoon"

"Bet you did" Hannah snickered making the other too girls scoff.

The girls had been chatting idly in their dorm when a commotion was heard from the common room.

Anala found majority of the Hufflepuff students all stood around while the prefects hurried around the room shouting orders.

She pushed through the crowd to Cedric who was stood with his friend Justin.

"What's going on?" She asked grabbing his arm as someone slammed into her by accident knocking her off balance.

"We're camping out in the hall" he said steadying her, his hands on her waist, "Sirius Blacks been sighted in the castle"

"What?!" She exclaimed her eyes widening and a sickly feeling washing over her

"It's okay Nala" he reassured pushing her hair behind her ears, "go with Susan and Hannah to the hall and the Professors will sort you out"

"You're not coming?" She asked looking up to him

"No, the prefects need to make sure everyone down there and need to guard the entrances"

"I'll save you a sleeping back" she said as people rushed past them

He nodded softly, squeezing her arm affectionally before Anala was swept away with the rest of the Hufflepuff students.

Dumbledore stood at the front of the hall, instructing the Professors, head boy and girl and prefects. With one swish of his wand the long tables vanished into thin air and hundreds of squashy purple sleeping backs littered the floor.

It was almost impossible for anyone to sleep.

Anala, Susan and Hannah all claimed some sleeping backs in the corner of the hall and Anala had saved one for Cedric.

The hall seemed to buzz with some fear and excitement as the Gryffindors told the rest of the houses of what had happened.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" Percy Weasley, head boys, hollered making all the students groan in annoyance, "come on now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

The girls shuffled deeper into their sleeping bags whispering quietly.

"How do you think he got into the castle?" Susan asked worriedly

"Maybe he apparated in" Hannah shrugged

"No that's impossible" Anala said, "you can't disapparate in and out of Hogwarts grounds"

"Perhaps be turned into a shrub" Hannah shrugged making Anala send a funny look, "what? It's perfectly plausible, no one would suspect a plain old bush"

"You're sleep deprived" she chuckled, "go to sleep before your brain breaks down anymore"

Majority of the students around Anala had drifted off to sleep, she however couldn't bring herself to close her eyes.

The sleeping bags were uncomfortable on the cold floor and the material kept wrapping around her legs, never mind the ever consuming thoughts of Sirius Black looming around the castle.

Hearing a shuffle beside her she rolled over.

Cedric smiled at her tiredly as he climbed into his sleeping bag.

"Hey" Anala whispered carefully, stifling a yawn

"Hey" he whispered back with an equally tired smile

"Everything okay?" She asked

"Yeah, everything's fine. The castles been searched and there's no sign of Black. Dumbledore's sending us back into the dorms in the morning"

Anala nodded, looking at Cedric

"I promise it's all okay Nala" he said taking her hand, "he's not here and everyone's fine"

Anala sighed as Cedric drew little circles on her hand comfortingly

"Go to sleep" he said, "it's late"

She nodded, letting him draw shapes across her hand, her eyes fluttering closed.

Suddenly the uncomfortable cold floor felt warm and soft and she was propelled into a Homely relaxed state as she drifted off to sleep with the feeling of his touch against hers.