10"

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Susan whispered to Anala who just shrugged back to her

The class all took their seats, murmuring as Professor Snape stood at the front of the class.

He was about to address the class, no doubt in a rude manner, before he was interrupted.

"Sorry I'm late Professor Lup-" Harry had burst in through the door

"This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, so I think we'll make it ten points from Gryffindor. Sit down"

"But where's Professor Lupin?" Harry answered

Anala just rolled her eyes wanting him to sit down so they could get on with the bloody lesson.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today" said Snape with a sick twisted smile, "I believe I told you to sit down?"

"What's wrong with him?" He asked

"Nothing life threatening. Five points from Gryffindor, and if I have to tell you to sit down again it'll be fifty"

Anala knew exactly why Professor Lupin was off. She was confused as to why no one else had seemed to figure it all out. Wasn't it all pretty obvious?

"As I was about to say before Potter interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far-"

"Please sir!" Hermione called, interrupting Snape.

The whole class let out a groan knowing what would happen. It was just standard practise by know.

Anala always thought Hermione seemed like a nice girl, though she never really did know when to control her tongue.

"Please sir, we've done Boggarts, red caps, Kappas and Grindylows and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet" said snape quickly, "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupins lack of organisation.

"He's the best defence against the dark arts teacher we've ever had!" A Gryffindor, Dean Thomas, called boldly.

The class hummed in agreement.

"You're easily satisfied, Lupin is hardly over taxing you. Today we shall discuss- werewolves"

"But, sir!" Called Hermione, "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're still due to start Hinkypunks-"

"Miss Granger, I was under the impression that I was taking this lesson, not you. And I'm telling you all to return to page three hundred and ninety- four. All of you now!"

Many of the students murmured angrily, flipping the pages of their text book.

Anala opened her book to the correct page and glanced to the diagram below of a werewolf.

Snape wasn't as harsh on her than Potter and Granger, so perhaps it was worth a try.

She put her hand up making Snape look at her expectantly, "Miss Black? You wish to speak"

Anala nodded, Professor Lupin had never done much to learn her loyalty, still, she felt like he deserved it.

"Though it's only a suggestion sir" she started, "I do believe with Miss Granger, that we should be on the topic of Hinkypunks, that is. Surely it would be much to Professor Lupin's advantage for us to continue on them rather than werewolves. For the order of the topics and to save confusion of course" she stressed, hoping that Professor Snape was understanding what she was trying to point out without giving too much away. She just hoped he didn't even know of Lupins condition, that he wasn't really trying to expose him to the students.

"Miss Black, I do not remember asking for you to get involved nor did I ask you to offer your opinion"

Anala just scoffed in annoyance under her breath leaning back against her chair.

"Now, which of you can tell the difference between the werewolf and an a true wolf?" He continued bitterly

The class was silent, filled with unimpressed faces.

"Anyone?" He asked ignoring Hermione's eager hand that was being wafted about in the air, "are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between-"

"We haven't got to Werewolves yet" Parvati Patil stressed irritably

Susan, Hannah and Anala looked at each other in annoyance, they'd rather Snape just yell at them for an hour so they could leave.

"Well well well, I never thought I'd meet a third year class who wouldn't even recognise a werewolf when they saw one. I shall make a point in informing Professor Dumbledore of how very behind you all are"

"Please sir!" Hermione called, her hand still in the air, "they differ in many ways, the snout of a werewolf-"

"That is the second time you've spoke out of turn Miss Granger. Five more points from Gryffindor for being and insufferable know-it-all"

"You asked a question and she knows the question!" Ron Weasley protested in Hermione's defence

Anala and the rest of the class put their heads in their hands while others held their breath knowing they'd gone too far.

"Detention Weasley!" He said his face very close to Ron's, "and if I ever hear you criticise the way I teach a class you'll be very sorry indeed"

For the rest of the lesson the class kept their heads down doing their work soundlessly.

At the end of the lesson snape held them back and set a two paged essay on how to recognise and kill a werewolf.

Anala's eyes widened, Professor snape wanted them to figure out Professor Lupin was a werewolf and then kill him.

It was all ridiculous.

"Thank god that's over" Susan said as she walked beside Anala on their way to their next lesson, Herbology.