4"

The train pulled into the station slowly, letting the students off, all whispering and wondering of what had happened back on the train

Rain pelted down in sheets drenching the students from head to toe, soaking through their robes.

Hurrying down the muddy track Anala, Susan and Hannah piled onto a carriage, squashing up to each other for more warmth.

Trundling down the path the rain hit their faces and the wind whipped their hair before the towering turrets of Hogwarts castle came into view.

Passing through the gates Anala's eyes widened as she spotted two looming dementors guarding the castles gates.

A wave of cold sickness washed over her as they passed. Susan shuffled closer to Anala and Hannah while she tried to look anywhere but the dementors.

The three of them jumped out of the carriage as it finally reached the entrance, joining the mass of students as they swarmed up the stairs.

In the great hall touches were blazing and candles drifted and Anala sighed in contentment as they gently warmed her body.
She settled down at the Hufflepuff table chatting with her fellow housemates while Susan and Hannah conversed with Justin Finch-Fletchley about what subjects they'd chosen to take.

The chatter was silenced as Professor Flitwick hurried out with the stool and the sorting hat.

The sorting ceremony always seemed to drag on forever when you weren't being the ones sorted and Anala found herself dozing off every so often, being nudged awake my Hannah who chuckled at her as her eyes drooped.

The polite clapping that applauded the last first year being sorted into their house died down and a silence filled its place as Albus Dumbledore arose from his seat at the front of the hall.

"Welcome!" He said smiling at all the students in the hall, his eyes lingering on Anala for a few seconds before flitting to the Gryffindor table in search for Harry Potter

"Hey" Cedric whispered as he slid into the seat Anala had saved him, "have I missed the sorting?" He asked looking around

"Just" Anala whispered back, "but you're just in time for Dumbledore speech"

"Oh joy" he said sarcastically with a smile making Anala bump his shoulder

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" Dumbledore continued, "I have a few things I'd like to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast-
As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors Of Azkaban, who are here in Ministry of magic business" he paused for a few seconds before continuing, "they are stationed at every entrance to the grounds and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises- or even Invisibility cloaks" he added

"Invisibility cloaks?" Anala asked turning to Hannah, "who even has an invisibility cloak?"

Hannah only shrugged with the same confusion before focusing her attention back on Dumbledore

"It is not in the nature of the dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason for them to harm you. I look to the prefects and our new head boy and girl to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors-
On a more happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Firstly, Professor Lupin, who is kindly filling our Defence Against The Dark Arts post and our care of magical creatures post has been filled by our very own Rebeus Hagrid, after Professor Kettleburn has taken time away for his retirement. Well! I think that's everything of importance" Dumbledore smiled, "let the feast begin!"

The gold plates filled with all kinds of food as appeared on the table while their goblets filled to the brim.

"Finally!" Susan sighed from across the table, "I'm starving"

Helping to herself to be copious amounts of food available Anala chatted to her housemates around her, talking about upcoming lessons they were excited for.
Anala liked the idea of Hagrid teaching care of magical creatures it was a favourite lesson and she was glad that they were going to have a professor such as Hagrid. she'd never had much interaction with the gamekeeper but always thought he seemed approachable and genuine.

"Mum sent you some Cookies" Cedric said with a small smile, "she noticed your letters and insisted she made some for you. Something about her wanting to say hello. I managed to stop her sending a letter herself but I didn't quite manage to stop her baking the cookies"

Anala laughed placing her cup down, "well tell her I appreciate them. Actually, I'll write to her and thank her myself"

"Merlin please don't" Cedric laughed, "you'll make it worse"

"Too late, I can tell Mrs Diggory and I are going to best of friends"

Cedric only rolled his eyes in good nature, continuing eating his meal, "I should never of told you about them. I should've just kept them a secret and ate them myself"

"Don't you dare!" Scolded Anala bumping his shoulder, "you eat those cookies and you'll be signing your death wish Diggory"

"I would never dare to put myself in-between you and your cookies Anala"

"Glad you know your place"

———————————————————————————
A/N

If I was Dumbledore I'd be so wary of Anala.
He still thinks that Anala is Zenes biological child, though he obviously has his suspicions that she is in fact not, but imagine the child of the woman that tried to destroy you just sitting casually in the hall.
He's probs like, this bitch gonna be psycho as well or?????

For clarification, cos even I get confused, the only people who 'know' of Anala's mother are Dumbledore, McGonagall, Lupin, Sirius, Andromeda and possibly Ted.

So many people know that Anala's father was Regulus Black but only a handful know who her mother was.

Anala just assumes her mothers a random pure blood witch as she's never heard of the name Zenevieva Gaunt as no one talks about it, Zens part of the war was completely erased and forgotten.

But just to make it extra confusing, Reg and Zen aren't her biological parents.

Like I wrote it and I'm confused.

Lol
Anyway what- but I wanted to thank you for reading xox