22"

Goblet of Fire

Goblet of Fire

Anala took a deep breath as she stood outside the Diggorys residence. It was a beautiful house, large and surrounded by blooming flowers and strong trees casting dappled light across the garden path before her.
Pulling her bag further up onto her shoulder she pushed open the painted iron gate, leading towards the front door.

Rapping on the door a few times it swung open and a  middle aged women stood on the other side, practically beaming.

"You must be Anala!" She smiled pulling Anala into a tight hug, "Cedric told me all about you, come in, come in"

Anala chuckled as she hugged the woman back. She was petite with long blond hair that was clipped up in a twist, a flour covered apron wrapped around her waist and a pen shoved behind her ear.

"Thank you Mrs Diggory, for inviting me to stay for a while" Anala thanked she closed the door behind her, Mrs Diggory leading her towards the kitchen

"Oh of course my love" the mother practically sung, "you're welcome anytime"

"I've got you a little gift to say thank you" Anala said, sheepishly pulling a Tupperware box filled with homemade brownies from her bag, "I'm sorry if you don't like them, I've got some cookies just in case and-"

"Oh you're absolutely the sweetest" Mrs Diggory gushed taking the box out of Anala's hands greatfully, "you shouldn't have"

"It's the least I could do to repay your hospitality this summer"

Anala was relieved she liked them, her and Tonks had taken many attempts at different recipes and eventually had to get her aunt to help out.

"Make yourself at home dear" Mrs Diggory said as she placed the box down and pulled the pen from her ear, placing it on the table, "Cedric! Anala is here!"

Looking around the Diggorys home was beautiful. It was homely and light. The sort of house that made you feel at ease and relaxed.
She snapped out of her daze as she heard footsteps clatter down the stairs.

Cedric looked as Cedric had always looked, beautiful. Yet he had changed. He was taller, his shoulders broader, his arms stronger, his face more defined. He'd always been pretty but now it seemed enhanced. Anala felt as if she's had the air punched out of her as his eyes met hers.

"Hey" she smiled weakly as Cedric scanned her over

"Hey" he replied back, his lips pulling into a genuine smile.

He crossed the room, gathering Anala into his arms and squeezing her tightly.

Mrs Diggory watched from the kitchen, a knowing smile on her face as she went back to her baking.

"Cedric why don't you show Anala to her room?" She asked, "help her carry her bags"

"Oh yeah sure" Cedric said, easily lifting her heavy trunk before turning towards the door

"Oh and dinner will be ready soon!" She called from the kitchen, "make sure you're not late or it'll go cold"

Cedric led Anala through the beautifully decorated corridors and into a small, dainty bedroom complete with a single bed and a tall wooden wardrobe, a chest of draws and a chair next to the small window that held a view out into the garden.

"This alright for you Nala?" Cedric asked learning on the door frame as Anala walked around curiously

"Perfect" Anala smiled back watching Cedric who watched her likewise, "thanks for inviting me and everything- Ced? Cedric?"

Anala stopped her rambling as she realised Cedrics attention was not in fact on what she was saying. Instead Cedric leant against the door, his eyes unmoving from Anala. Studying her.

He took a few steps further, into her personal space, "you've changed a little bit" he started, "not in a bad way" he rushed, "you look different. You were pretty before but... beautiful" he concluded pulling a strand of hair behind her ear

Anala's hair had grown out a bit longer, it laying over her shoulders in chestnut waves. She'd grown a little taller as well, her legs longer, her baby fat lost and her face more defined.

While the afternoon sunlight slipped through the curtains in the bedroom, her hair lit up into an array of colours.

Hazel, golden, copper, mahogany, fawn, chestnut.

Cedric kept staring into them, picking out each shade until he could no longer name any more shades.

"You okay?" Anala asked placing her hand on his cheek, staring back into his eyes that seemed to be filled with softness and warmth

"Perfect" he smiled, flashing Anala that famous Diggory grin, his lips pulling up, "perfect" he whispered again.

Their faces so tantalisingly close, their lips millimetres apart.

If only she'd move forwards, just a little, they'd be touching.

"Teas ready!"

Cedric and Anala jumped apart at the sound of Mrs Diggorys voice ringing through the house, the pair blushing and smiling sheepishly.

"Lovely dinner" Amos Diggory spoke up as he helped himself to another helping of stew

"Yeah it's lovely mum" Cedric added also having another helping

"Well I'm glad you all like it" she said taking a sip of her drink, "how was work dear?" She asked turning to Mr Diggory

"Oh very busy. You know with everything going on" he replied easily

"Everything going on? Cedric asked intrigued

Anala herself was also perhaps a little interested, what did 'with everything going on' mean?

"You'll find out in time, the pair of you" he dismissed with a wave, a look of excitement on his face, "but in other news!" He clapped his hands together, "I've managed to get us something nice"

Both Anala's and Cedrics ears pricked up.

From Mr Diggorys pocket he pulled out a brown envelope and dropped it onto the table.

"Go on take a look"

Anala and Cedric reached for the envelope curiously, pulling open the seal.

Out fell three tickets

"The quidditch World Cup?!"