34"

The first task had quickly come around and anala had hoped it would have been called off by now

"come on, you've got to eat something" susan said, cracking another egg open and dipping her sliced toast into it.

"I'm just too nervous" Anala replied, pushing around the bacon on her plate, "i'll be fine once this whole thing is over"

Hannah placed a hand on her back, "cedric will be fine, he's really good"

"I hope so" Anala sighed as the girls' eyes turned to the attention of Harry Potter who had just walked into the hall, looking very pale, the whole of the Gryffindor table cheering as he took a seat.

"Potter doesn't look so good does he" Susan remarked

"I don't blame him" said Anala, "people have died in this competition you know?"

"oh stop it" Hannah said, "dumbledore wouldn't of let it go ahead if he thought anyone was going to die"

"I guess you're right" she shrugged, taking a little bite of the bacon

"Anala Black?"

"Yes?" Anala asked, looking up from her food and looking to the Gryffindor first year in front of her

"professor Mcgonagall would like you see you in her office" the Gryffindor squeaked quickly, running off quickly, back to their table

"I wonder what about"Hannah said

"I have no idea whatsoever" Anala replied, "you both go down to the lake, i'll catch up with you when i'm done. I can't imagine i'll be long"

Susan and Hannah both nodded, picking up their coats and bags and joining the mass of students all piling out of the hall on their way to the lake.

When Anala knocked on the professors door it swung open and she was surprised to see several other students all gathered around chatting, looking equally confused.

"Now that you are all here, I can tell you the reason you have all been asked to this office today"

"Where is she?" Susan asked, pulling on Hannah's coat

"I have no idea but I'm sure she will be fine, she wouldn't miss this for Cedric"

"I guess so"

Cedric was walking down to the lake with his friends, he'd walked past the Weasley twins offering bets on the tournament and he could feel the cold fresh air biting his skin. He could only imagine how cold the water would be. He didn't feel nervous, though he wasn't completely confident in himself. Cedric knew he could do it but he was significantly quieter than his boisterous and laughing friends beside him.

On the viewing platform above the dark cold lake Cedric looked around, just hoping for a glance of Anala. Just to know she was there, supporting him, there for him. He couldn't see her anywhere.

He turned to one of his friends, "Have you seen Anala anywhere?"

He shook his head as Dumbledores voice echoed across the lake, introducing the task, "She'll be watching mate, concentrate on the task for now. You can find her later"

Cedric nodded stared into the cold water below.

"Welcome to the second task! This morning, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, except for this: they will have one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the sound of the cannon"

Cedric took a deep breath closing his eyes, ready to brace himself as the cannon sounded, diving deep into the depths of the lake.

"Where in Merlin's name is Anala!" Susan exclaimed

"She'll be here" Hannah assured, "you saw her over breakfast, how nervous she was, she wouldn't miss it"

Cedric swam through the lake.

He could feel it through his skin.

Dark shadows cast themselves through the depths and flowing aquatic plants obscured his vision, them growing meters and meters tall. There was deep crevasses where the bottom was not visible. He made a mental note to stay away from those.

He could hear mysterious sounds in the distance, almost a singing. Emerging from the plants, he spotted them. Dozens of merpeople and in the middle of them, Anala.

Looking around desperately he had spotted Harry Potter, attempting to release both Hermione and Ron and being challenged my the merpeople. Deciding he did not want to approach too close and cause trouble he cast a spell, releasing Anala's restraints and grasping her in his arms, forcing them both to the surface. He gestured to his wand to Harry Potter, instructing him to use it to free Ron before he and Anala breached the surface.

Anala awoke from her unconscious state, coughing and spluttering up water while the rest of Hogwarts whooped and cheered, chanting Cedric's name.

Cedric held onto Anala so tight, his arms wrapped around her almost cutting off her circulation, his head in the crook of her neck. Anala breathed heavily against him, "are you alright Nala?". Anala nodded against his skin.

"Quick! Get them both some blankets!"

Cedric and Anala were both surrounded my Hufflepuffs and wrapped in towels, them patting Cedric on the back in congratulations.

"Anala!" Susan exclaimed rushing over and pushing through the crowd, "we were looking everywhere for you, are you ok?" Susan asked as her and Hannah enveloped Anala in a hug

Anala nodded, "I'm okay, a little bit cold though"

"Here, have my coat" Hannah said, shrugging off her green duffle coat and draping it around her shoulders, "Cedric won! No one else has come up yet!"

Anala wrapped her arms around Cedric while being surrounded by the whole of Hufflepuff, giving him the biggest hug.

"I am so proud of you" she whispered in his ear

Seconds later, from the water, Krum and Hermione had burst through the surface and was similarly given a towel. The only remaining contestant in the lake, Harry Potter.

Suddenly, Ron and Gabrielle, Fleurs younger sister, emerged from the water. But there was no sign of Harry.

People looked around anxiously, chattering with expressions of worry on their faces.

Without warning, Harry Potter shot out from the lake back onto the platform and was quickly surrounded by students and staff alike.

Anala didn't care, "I'm so glad you're okay" she said, looking Cedric in his eyes

"You're glad I'm ok? Anala I have never been so scared when I saw you down there"

Anala gave a weak smile, trying not to let the butterflies in the stomach overwhelm her and let Cedric gather her into his arms once again to give her a hug.