29"

"That was just awful" Susan shivered after their first lesson with Mad eye as they walked back into the Hufflepuff common room, "the way the poor thing shrieked was horrendous"

"He's a little off your rocker if you ask me" Anala nodded

"Who, the Spider or mad eye?" Susan smiled

"Both?" Anala replied making Susan chuckle a little bit.

"Anala! There you are!" Cedric called, beckoning her over to where he was sat with Ernie playing a game of wizard chess in the middle of the room.

Anala took Susan's hand and dragged her over to Ernie and Cedric.

Susan blushed a little bit as Ernie smiled at her as she sat beside her.

Anala noticed and smirked to herself. She couldn't wait to question Susan about it later.

"Are you alright?" Anala asked smiling at Cedric

"Perfect" he nodded equally as smiley

"Why'd you call me then?"

"Because I like spending time with you" Cedric said as if it was obvious and something Anala should've known as he moved his pawn.

Anala just laughed, "oh how sweet"

"Yeah Diggory. Isn't that sweet" Ernie chided jokingly raising his eyebrows suggestively making Cedric roll his eyes.

"Relax Macmillan, you're loosing" Cedric smirked looking down to the bored.

Ernies face scrunched up in concentration.

Susan leaned in and whispered something in his ear.

Ernie nodded in glee and moved his piece.

"Checkmate!"

"For merlins sake" Cedric grumbled amused as Ernie  had jumped up and started doing a celebratory lap of the common room pulling Susan along with him.

"What's this racket" Justin laughed as he walked in with some older Hufflepuff students

"Just beat old Diggory here in chess" Ernie boasted revealing the bored

"Yeah yeah. Whatever" Cedric laughed in good sportsmanship

Anala always admired how kind and relaxed Cedric was. He never seemed to hate anyone, never seemed to resent anyone. He was always happy for the victories of the people around him, and Anala thought that made him such a beautiful human being.

"Where you all off to anyway?" Ernie asked the group

"We're heading down to the hall to watch people put their names in" Justin answered, "a few people want to put their names in as well. You all coming?"

"I'll come" Ernie nodded, "you coming Susan?" He asked

Susan seemed to beam, "I'd love to"

"What about you Ced? Nala?" Justin asked

"We'll catch you up" Cedric waved making the others nod and head off to the hall

When alone Cedric turned to Anala seriously, "I wanted to talk to you about the cup" he started

Anala just nodded and listened

"I'd like to put my name in" he said cautiously, "I'd like to push myself, test my limits and skills. It's a once of a lifetime opportunity. But... I know you don't want me to do it, and I won't do anything you're not okay with. So tell me Nala, tell me what to do. I won't do it if you don't want me to. Tell me not to do it and I won't"

Anala thought hard. She studied Cedric hopeful face. If anyone deserved eternal glory it was Cedric. But then she thought about all the people who'd died. She would be petrified for Cedric. It was all so dangerous. But Cedric deserved it, he really did. He was a strong wizard, he was good with his wand techniques, he knew all the spells, he'd do well. The fact he cared more about her than himself solidified her decision.

"Do it Cedric. You deserve it. I'm telling you to put your name in"

After-all, he might not even be picked.

"You're amazing Nala, simply the best!" He grinned picking her up and swinging her around joyfully

Anala threw her head back laughing, wrapping her arms around his neck for security.

As her feet touched the floor she kept her arms around his neck, looking up at him lovingly, "what're  you waiting for Diggory, put that name in"

Anala and Susan sat watching at the side of the hall as Ernie, Justin and the rest of the Hufflepuff cheered and whooped as Cedric was being pushed towards the centre of the hall.

Anala bounced her leg up and down nervously.

Susan placed a comforting hand on her leg to stop her. Anala smiled weakly and took Susan's hand in hers squeezing it.

"You've made the right decision" Susan reassured, "Cedric will be fine. He might not even be picked. He wants this badly"

"I know sue, I know"

"Come on Cedric!"

"Come on Cedric! Put it in!"

Anala and Susan watched as Ernie pushed Cedric towards the cup, passing the age line.

Cedric looked around, meeting Anala eyes, looking for one last sign from her not to do it.

Anala gave a nod.

He turned back around, and with a fizzle, the scrap of paper was gone