7"

"Come on" Susan whined as she dragged Anala down the corridors, "we're going to be late for Defence"

"Professor Lupin seems Chill, it's fine" Hannah shrugged

"I'm too tired for you to be whining like this" Anala groaned wiping her eyes tiredly

"Oh stop complaining" Susan rolled her eyes

Pushing opens the doors to the classroom everyone took out their books, quills and parchment and were chatting idly until Professor Lupin finally entered placing his tattered briefcase down on his desk.

"Good afternoon" he smiled, "would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's lesson will be a practical one. You will only need your wands"

Hannah and Anala smiled at each other excitedly.

Anala loved doing practicals, the magic always came to her fairly easily and it seemed she had a natural flare to her wand work, Susan less so, who much more preferred theory work.

"Right then" Professor Lupin smiled to the class walking over to a large wardrobe.

The class looked at the wardrobe curiously before it jostled a little in its place causing a large bang making the students jump back a little bit.

"What is that, in there?" Hannah asked curiously

"There's a Boggart in there" he said calmly

Anala looked around to find most people had the same expression on their faces

"It's nothing to worry about" Lupin assured, "Boggart's like dark, enclosed places such as Wardrobe, under beds, under stinks- I once met one that had lodged itself inside a grandfather clock. So, the first question we must ask yourselves is, what is a Boggart?"

Anala raised her hand along with a couple of other students.

"It's a shapeshifter" a gryffindor named Hermione Granger called out, "it can take the shape of what ever it thinks will frighten us most"

"Couldn't of said it better myself" Lupin smiled, "so the Boggart sitting within the darkness had yet to assume a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. No body knows that the Boggart looks like when he is alone but when I open the door and let him out he will immediately understand each and everyone one of our deepest fears, taking its form- this means that we have a huge advantage over the Boggart before we begin. Can anyone tell me what that is?"

Anala put her hand up once again, along with several others.

"Have you got any idea Harry?" The Professor asked

"Er-because there are so many of us, it won't know what form to take?"

"Precisely!" Said Lupin, "now, the charm that repels a Boggart is simple, yet it requires a force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a Boggart is laugher. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. We will practise the charm without wands first. After me, please... rididikulus!"