14"

Anala slowly back up, stumbling over her own feet as she tried to make her way back down the tunnel

She let out a squeal as Sirius Black jumped up and transformed back into the dog infront of her eyes, running towards the entrance of the tunnel, preventing her from escaping.

Anala shuffled back into the room, trying to distance herself from him, her wand pointed out while her arm shook.

"Expelliamus!" Sirius called as he transformed back making Anala's wand fly out of her hand and into his.

She took in a sharp breath, she was defenceless

"Let me go, please" she begged, "ill run up to the castle and I won't tell anyone. I swear"

Sirius Black only shook his head, "I'm not going to hurt you" he said lowering his own wand and Anala's

"H-how do I know that?" She said trying to find some bravery, though it came out more of a squeak.

"Here" he said, holding out the two wands, "have it back, you have all the power now"

Anala nodded in satisfaction, tentatively taking a few steps towards him and snatching the wands out of his hands, backing up once again.

"What are you doing here if you're not going to hurt anyone" She asked

"I never said I was never going to hurt anyone" Sirius replied with a scowl

Anala's eyes widened, "you're going to hurt another student?" She said, her voice slightly high pitched

"No, no" Sirius replied shaking his head, "sit down, it'll take me a while to explain"

Anala, deciding that she should sit and listen if she wanted to at least stand a chance of surviving, sat on the cold dirty floor of the shack.

"Merlin" she whistled as Sirius had finished telling her the whole story, "so you're here for Pettigrew?" She asked

"Precisely" Sirius nodded sullenly

"How'd you escape Azkaban?" She asked suddenly

"Snuck past them in my animagus form" Sirius shrugged, "Swam to the mainland"

"Jesus" Anala sighed, "must of been a long trek"

"It bloody was" Sirius scoffed, "and I'm stuck here freezing and starving, s'why I wanted you to follow me down here. You couldn't get us some food from the kitchens perhaps? The food still as good as it used to be"

"Well I don't know do I?" She retorted, "I mean it's pretty good now"

Sirius just laughed shaking his head.

"What's your name then kid?" He asked trying to wipe dirt off his face that had been stuck there for months

"Anala" she replied quietly, waiting for his reaction.

Did he know he had a niece?

Sirius' eyes snapped up

"Anala Huh?" He asked, "unusual name"

"Yeah" she nodded

"There wouldn't happen to be another Anala in your year would there?"

"No" she replied simply

"Godric" Sirius breathed his eyes wide

"It would of saved to a lot of time if you'd just asked for my second name" Anala reasoned with a smile, "Black"

"So you are" he nodded, "so you are. Don't suppose you know Harry that well do you?" He asked, "considering you're in Slytherin and he's Gryffindor"

"Slytherin?" Anala asked, "oh no, I'm not Slytherin, I'm a Hufflepuff"

Sirius tired waxy face seems to pull into a grin, "guess I'm not he only one who's a black sleep" he chuckled

Anala cracked a grin, finally finding the courage to shuffle over.

"Guess that makes you my niece then kid" Sirius said, his voice drifting off

"Yeah..." Anala drifted off, also thinking.

The pair sat in silence for a while

"You don't look much like him" Sirius said breaking the silence

"No, people have said" Anala sighed, "were you close?"

Sirius hummed, "yes, for a while, when we were young anyway. Though, things get in the way, friends, school, family. We lost contact after I ran away from home. Never spoke much after that, we took different Paths. I fought for the order and he became a-"

"-death eater" Anala finished suddenly

Sirius nodded looking to the floor solemnly.

"The Black family" he chuckled, "mad, hated the whole lot of them. Your father was a much better son than I, and let me tell you I was constantly reminded"

"W-was he a bad person then?" Anala asked, the enthusiasm in the voice about her father fading

"...no" Sirius concluded, "he wasn't a bad person, he just made some bad decisions"

Anala nodded softly, taking in everything that Sirius had told her.

"I better get going" she said shivering slightly, "they'll be coming back from Hogsmeade soon"

"Why didn't you go as well?"

Anala just looked to him as if to say, really?

"Right, sorry" Sirius smiled sheepishly

"I'll bring you some food and things before it gets dark" she said standing up and dusting herself down,

"Make sure you get some fire whiskey!" Sirius called after her, "Merlin knows I need it! And don't forget-"

"I know, I know, I've seen nothing and know nothing" Anala alliterated for the one hundredth time that afternoon.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I linked a TikTok onto my conversations/message board and it had the most Reg and zen vibes