27"

Anala sighed in relief as she walked through the courtyard of Hogwarts again, breathing in the fresh air that she'd so greatly missed

Anala sighed in relief as she walked through the courtyard of Hogwarts again, breathing in the fresh air that she'd so greatly missed. Cedric and his friends had caught Anala and Susan up, walking with them.

"So, what's the plan for Quidditch this year Diggory?" Ernie asked excitedly, "we missed out last year with the cup but we've got luck on our side this time"

All the other Hufflepuffs surrounding them cheered and whooped in agreement.

"It's about time Hufflepuff got some recognition" Justin agreed slapping a hand on Cedrics shoulder enthusiastically.

"I'm going to redesign the team" Cedric replied, "new players, new tactics, new brooms. The whole lot"

"Hufflepuff's saviour!" Ernie roared jokingly making all Cedrics other friends laugh and cheer.

Anala, beside him chuckled looking up to Cedric who looked down at her smiling.

"Look, what's that?" Susan called interrupting them all suddenly, pointing to a blob in the sky.

Anala squinted her eyes a little and tilted her head trying to focus in on the object moving towards them.

"I think it's a carriage" Justin answered, also squinting his eyes, "look at the horses!"

"They're not horses idiot" Susan laughed, "they're Abraxans!"

"Well what are they doing here?" Anala asked watching them come into land

"No idea" Justin shrugged his shoulders

"Look!" Ernie pointed similarly, towards the black lake.

An impressive wooden ship emerged from the depths of the lake, spraying water as it bobbed on top of the surface.

"I wonder what all this is for?" Susan wondered

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore announced from his place at the front of the great hall, "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal Glory! What's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament"

Anala looked around to see the look of pure excitement was washed over Cedric, Ernie and Justin's face. Susan too, looking curious and immersed within Professor Dumbledores speech.

"But to do this, that student must survive three tasks" Dumbledore continued, "Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason the ministry has seen it fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the department of international magical cooperation, Mr Bartimus Crouch"

Just as Mr Crouch was interrupted a thunderous rumble sounded over head. The magical enchantment had broken, as rain fell inside and lightning flashed.

A beam of bright light hit the ceiling, slowly closing the breakage and restoring the previous peace of the enchantment.

"What the hell was that?" Justin asked wide eyed

"That, was Mad eyed moody" Cedric replied, nodding his head over to Moody who was stood in the corner, looking wildly around the room, sipping from a flask.

"The Mad eyed moody?" Anala gasped excitedly looking for confirmation at Cedric

"He works at the Ministry as an auror" Cedric explained to the rest, "half the wizards in Azkaban are in there because of him"

"It's how he's got his eye, look" Anala whispered making all the others turn around and look at him as his blue eye swizzled around frantically.

"After due consideration" Barty Crouch continued, "the ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, students under the age of seventeen shall not be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final"

A loud groan filled the hall as underage students protested in annoyance.

Anala personally didn't mind, she had heard all the horrific story's about the Triwizard Tornament and found herself not wanting to participate in any way shape or form. She didn't want eternal glory, it meant nothing to her, she didn't want the money. She just wanted happy family and friends and good health and grades. Eternal Glory didn't really seem appealing in the slightest.

People gasped in delight as slowly the Triwizard cup was revealed, it glittering in the light, a blue flame burst from the top of it.

"The Goblet of fire! Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night"

Anala turned to look at Cedric to find him staring at the cup with awe and determination. Frowning she carried on listening to Dumbledore

"Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no going back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament had begun!"