37"

Anala's eyes fluttered open, the sun streamed through the blinds

She wasn't in her dorm room.

Sitting up and wiping her eyes she looked around the room.

Madam Pomfrey came running over, "oh my dear, I'm glad you are awake"

Anala blinked a few times remembering the events of yesterday.

Madam Pomfrey rushed around, tidying bottles and such which were scattered around and tending to other patients.

"You were in a terrible state last night, hysterical" she shook her head in sorrow, "how are you feeling now"

Anala said nothing and turned in her bed.

Cedric had just died and she expected her to be fine the next day? she felt like screaming, felt like ripping down the sheets that were draped around her bed.

Feeling hot tears prick in her eyes she buried her head under the pillow, hoping to wake up, that it was all a nightmare.

He was gone, he was really gone.

The locket Cedric had gotten her was still around her neck.

She grasped it tightly, quietly sobbing into her pillow.

Hearing a sound she turned around to see the privacy sheets around her bed being moved to the side

"Anala?"

It was Harry Potter, in the bed next to hers

"What is it Harry" she said weakly, wiping her eyes

"I... I just want to say I'm sorry is all" Harry answered tentatively, "it was me that Voldemort wanted, not Cedric, it wasn't supposed to be Cedric" he said, his voice catching

"Harry don't" Anala said, her voice heavy and strained, "It wasn't you, you didn't kill him"

" I know that, but if it wasn't because of me Cedric-"

"Don't blame yourself Harry" Anala interrupted, she did know that if Harry was not there then neither would Cedric, but Anala thought that Harry did not need to hear that right now, he looked fragile. "What happened? How did he die Harry?"

Harry swallowed nervously having to relive the encounter, "the cup, it was a portkey... Cedric said we should take it together, he was going to win. It took us directly to Voldemort, to a graveyard"

"How, how was he killed?" Anala asked staring at Harry intently, her eyes flooding with even more tears

"The killing curse"

Anala nodded and closed her eyes, imagining Cedric falling to the ground. She wondered what his last thought was, was it her? Was he scared? She didn't think so.

He'd of won, won the cup. He offered to share with Harry.

It was set up from the start. Cedric was never meant to win, the cup was always Harry's. And now, he's gone.

Her owl, Bertie, had dropped off a letter which was left on her side table.

She realised it as her aunts writing.

Anala dear,

We have been informed by Dumbledore what has taken place and he has granted you permission to return home for the rest of the school year. I am terribly sorry sweetheart, we all are. If you need anything, let me know immediately.
We love you so much.

Auntie Andromeda

Anala folded the letter up and placed it back where she found it.

She didn't want to go home. Going home to would make her feel like she was leaving Cedric for real.

Hogwarts held all their memories, it was hard to wrap her head around the fact Cedric wasn't just sat in the common room this instant, laughing with his friends.

He was dead.

She was never going to see him again.

She had told him she loved him for the last time.

She had kissed him for the last time

Hugged him for the last time.

She was pulled from her destructive thoughts by Susan and Hannah who tentatively entered the hospital wing.

"Hi" Susan smiled sadly, placing a pack of chocolate frogs down on her bed, "we got you these"

Hannah's eyes held pity in them.

"We're sorry Nala" Hannah said quietly as the two girls climbed into the bed beside Anala, giving her a soft hug

Both Susan and Hannah equally had tears in their eyes, Cedric was their friend.

"We're here for you narl" Susan said, giving her hand a squeeze

"He's back y'know" Anala said blankly

"Who?" Hannah asked

"Voldemort. He is back"

Hannah's mouth snapped shut and Susan's eyes widened in shock. Both the girls paled in complexion.

"He murdered him. He's back"

The three girls sat together, not muttering a word, just offering each other a bit of comfort.

"Dumbledore is making a speech this evening" Susan broke the silence, "about Cedric. Would you like to go?"

Anala had to, she had to show her face at some point. And she wanted to be there. She wanted Cedric to see her being strong.

"I'd like to go"

Sat in the great hall, Anala could feel every single pair of eyes on her. They followed her as she moved.

"Today today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair minded and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend"

Anala kept her eyes up, forcing down the tears as best she could. She was being started at.

"Now, I think therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."

A single tear had rolled down Anala's pale face, hitting the stone cold floor.