5"

Anala, Hannah and Susan had awoken slightly later than usual as they'd stayed up into the night gossiping while splitting the cookies Mrs Diggory had made

The girls stumbled through the corridors still half awake but excited none the less for their first lesson, Divination.

They climbed the ladder leading up the strangest classroom Anala had ever seen. Several circular tables were scattered around surrounded by old arm chairs and little pouffes. The room was dimly light as the curtains had been pulled across the windows. Scarves and strange decorations hung around the walls. It was warm and Anala pulled at her robes sighing and trying to cool herself down. A strange spicy flowery sickly smell hung in the air making her scrunch up her nose.

"They could at-least open a window" Anala whispered to Hannah who nodded in agreement looking around at the scattered cards, silver balls and teacups.

All the students took a seat apprehensively as a soft Misty voice came out from the shadows, "welcome, how nice to see you all in physical world at last"

Anala raised her eyebrows to Hannah who smirked back towards her

"Welcome to Divination, my name is Professor Trelawney. You may not of seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of inner school clouds my inner eye"

Everyone looked at each other blankly, shrugging their shoulders in confusion.

"What the hells an inner eye?" Anala whispered to Susan who hushed her wanting to listen to Professor Trelawney, seeming very interested in the subject so far.

"So you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts-"

Anala drifted off not really paying attention to Professor Trelawneys rambling

"You boy!" She shouted suddenly making Anala jump, snapping back into her surroundings

"Is your Grandmother quite well?" She asked mysteriously

"I think so" replied the Gryffindor boy Anala knew as Neville Longbottom

"I wouldn't be so sure if I was you, dear" said Professor Trelawney

Everyone watched Neville as he gulped nervously.

Quickly realising that they were supposed to reading tea leave, Anala sipped her tea. Pulling a face at the foul taste.

"Broaden your minds!" She sung floating about the classroom, "oh! Your aura is pulsing dear!" She exclaimed moving towards Ron Weasley who had jumped back in fright, "are you in the beyond? I think you are"

"Sure" he nodded in confusion and worry

"Look at the cup and tell you what us what you see"

"That class was the most entertaining" Anala laughed as she walked along to Professor McGonagalls transfiguration class

"Poor Potter though" Susan said

"He's not going to die Susan" Hannah rolled her eyes, "everyone can tell that Trelawneys mad as a hatter"

"I think she's brilliant actually" Susan snapped back sending Hannah a withering glare

Anala only rolled her eyes not wanting to be dragged into their squabble.

Pushing open the door to McGonagalls classroom she took a seat towards the back of the class.

To her right Harry Potter sat down beside her in the corner, hiding away from the glances he'd been receiving ever since Divination.

Anala shot him a sympathetic smile while Harry looked at her skeptically before turning away.

A knock on the door sounded making McGonagall look up.

"Come in!"

Professor Sprout poked her head around the door, searching the Students.

"Professor Sprout" McGonagall greeted, "how can I help?"

"I was just wondering if I could speak to Miss Black very quickly" she replied, spotting Anala at the back of the room.

With everyone watching her she glanced to Hannah and Susan in confusion, them only sending her a clueless shrug.

"Right Miss Black" Sprout started, "I hope you are well?"

"Er yes, I'm fine" Anala replied cautiously

"Good, good. The reason I pulled you out of lesson today is because I wanted to talk to you about Sirius Black"

Anala tensed at the name

"I wanted to make sure that you feel quite safe within the castle and that you would inform a member of staff of any unusual activity that you have perhaps come across"

Anala frowned, "safe? Why? is there danger I mean-"

"Well dear" Sprout sighed, "You are Sirius' Blacks niece, the only other Black that could perhaps inherited the house and money. Dumbledore seems to think Sirius would want to make connections with you regarding the Black money and power"

"You think Sirius Black will want me gone to claim the family fortune?" Anala asked suddenly lacking subtlety, "surely he's the heir to the house, not me"

Professor Sprout reeled backwards but ignored her , "we do not know the reason as to why Sirius Black escaped Azkaban or what he plans to do now he's escaped but we're taking necessary steps in order to make sure all the students at Hogwarts are sufficiently protected"

Anala just looked at her blankly

"So I hope you understand that we cannot let you go in the Hogsmeade trips this term, orders of Dumbledore himself. I am merely your head of house informing you of his wishes, I am very sorry"

"But I've got a permission slips from my Aunt and everything" she continued desperately

"I'm sorry Miss Black, it is the Headmasters orders. Now come on, back to lessons"

"What did Sprout want?" Susan asked she the three walked through the corridors to the main hall for their lunch

Susan and Hannah had quickly gotten over their little spat and were back to being friendly. Anala wasn't surprised, it almost happened daily at this point.

"She warned me about Sirius Black" Anala shrugged

Susan flinched

"Aren't you worried?" Hannah asked, "I mean he's dangerous and if they think-"

"Hannah! Stop it" Susan sighed, "if she wasn't worried then she sure would be now"

"Sorry" Hannah smiled sheepishly

Anala waved it off casually, "said I couldn't go to Hogsmeade"

"What?!" Hannah gasped, "that's not fair"

"I think it's perfectly reasonable" Susan chimed, "it's dangerous, Anala could be hurt"

"I think it's overkill myself" Anala added, "I mean Sirius Black isn't going to sneak up at me in the middle of Scrivenshaft's Quill shop" she scoffed, "plus he's probably going to be too busy going after Potter than me by the sounds of it"

"Anala!" Susan gasped

"It's just what everyone's saying" she shrugged